“Very Nice...very comfortable”

Holiday Inn Petersburg North - Fort Lee
Reviewed 14 June 2013

This is a very good hotel, great staff and management, the rooms are spacious and full equipped and there is a bar and restaurant on site. This hotel has a great location, it is close to the I95 and many restaurants and shopping mall close by.

I have stayed for 8 nights and am always impressed with the attentiveness and effort of the staff and my room is perfect each day when I return. This is a very good Holiday Inn.

I recommend without reservation.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Petersburg North - Fort Lee

Reviewed 31 March 2013

The Holiday Inn was the host hotel for a conference I attended. I found it to be clean, nicely managed and offering superb value. If I recall, the conference price was in the vicinity of $80-$89 a night. The room was a decent size and very clean, Internet was included and it was quite.

I did attempt to have breakfast there one day, but after sitting for about 30 minutes without being approached by a server I gave up and went to the best Denny's I've ever encontered. When I asked the front desk attendent for a breakfast spot she offered the hotel restaurant and I explained my experience. She offered to intervene, but at that point I was running out of time.

All other staff were very nice. I must add that the tiny exercise room would only accomodate 3 or so people and the equipment I used was in poor repair.

The event catering was good and again, staff were helpful and pleasant. Despite the few glitches, I'd stay there again as it has all the essentials: clean rooms in good condition, friendly staff and really good value.

Room Tip: The back corner away from the highway would probably be best.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Enjoyable stay overall. Chose this hotel as it had a swimming pool to start the day off right. However I found the pool doesn't open till 10:00 am. The staff did accommodate me and opened the pool which included a jacuzzi and was really great. I had no complaints on the room as noted by other guests. It was clean and neat. Corridors and carpet are old though and should be refreshed. Breakfast was super - scrambled eggs perfect not dried out. Worth staying!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 December 2012

Just checked in our room. At $92 for a Suite, I'm not complaining at all. A great deal for our family of 4. Room has 2 Queen beds & pull out sofa. The highway traffic is a bit louder than expected, but still no complaints. The front desk clerk will definitely NOT get employee of the month for friendliness. I guess other than her, "why are you disturbing me at 4am" attitude, the check-in was a breeze.
Being a Priority Club member comes in handy so we can check out late (at 2pm).
*note* this hotel does NOT show up on the iPad Maps app or Travelocity

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 November 2012

Our bathroom was not clean. It had hair all over the sink and dirt build up in the floor corners. There was a candy wrapper on the floor in the corner of the bedroom. The room also had a sewage smell. The staff was attentive but overall not a good value for the price.

• Stayed: November 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Petersburg North - Fort Lee, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2012

Dear rwilford,

Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. I am pleased that you have mentioned our attentive staff. However, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience the room conditions may have caused you. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 3 November 2012

As a Platinum club member I have come to expect more.
I turned down my bed to find hair and crumbs i it.
The staff was very responsive and did come up to my room and changed the bedding.
I asked that the room be thoroughly cleaned the next day, when I returned from work I found the same dirt on the carpet and in the bathroom from earlier.
They also do not offer any free breakfast coupons for Platinum members.
The property is right next to a sewage treatment plant and always has a terrible odor.
Sorry I won't be returning.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I stopped at the Holiday Inn Petersburg North on a trip from NYC to Atlanta. After miles of construction delays on I-95 south, all I wanted was a comfy bed and some quiet. I did get the comfy bed...however, the rooms are not soundproofed - there must be huge gaps under the doors because you could hear every door on the hall open and close. The hall was very clean. I know this because housekeeping vacuumed it at 7:30 am. Normally, I would set the fan on the AC unit to "on" instead of "auto" so that the fan would run all night to block out some noise....this system did not do this so that every time the air kicked on the unit by the window would rattle and wake me up. Also - hotel is a bit difficult to find off the interstate...needs better signage. Front desk clerk not very helpful - I did not have my priority club number handy and he said he could not look it up - since I'm platinum and wanted to get points, I looked up on my phone.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Petersburg North - Fort Lee, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2012

Dear Momvold,

Thank you for being our Platinum Priority Club member and choosing to stay with us. I am delighted that you found our beds comfortable and appreciated our housekeeping services. Please accept my sincerest apology for the unacceptable noise, air conditioning unit and front desk staff services received. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and for this reason, your comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Zelyn N

Hampton Inn Petersburg-Southpark Mall
Hampton Inn Petersburg-Southpark...
#2 of 8 in Colonial Heights
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond South/Southpark
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond South...
#1 of 8 in Colonial Heights
Holiday Inn Express Petersburg-Fort Lee
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Petersburg
Comfort Inn South Chesterfield - Colonial Heights
Comfort Inn South Chesterfield -...
#4 of 8 in Colonial Heights

Been to Holiday Inn Petersburg North - Fort Lee? Share your experiences!