“Great Stay, Friendly Staff”

Holiday Inn Petersburg North - Fort Lee
Morehead City, Nc
“Great Stay, Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

Spent 3 nights here. Great staff/customer service. Traveled all over the country and they were some of the best I've seen. Room was clean, but did have a dirty towel (rolled up as a clean towel) in the bathroom. Didn't smell any funky odors or have any issues with highway noise as some people have mentioned in reviews. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank ECUpirateNB

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Fargo, North Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

I stayed at this location for a military school. I had many travel related issues, but the enthusiastic presence of Sahar at the front desk made me feel welcome every night. She went out of her way to address anything I needed. Because of her and a few other customer service related aspects, including a phone reservation I made for another local Holiday Inn Express, I am a Holiday Inn devotee.

My only concern was the housekeeping. While never an inconvenience, it seemed one small thing was noticeable every day. My coffee cups were refilled once - on the last day I was there - and the vacuuming seemed sporadic at best. Soaps, ice bags, and one or two towels were taken but not replaced the same day. None of these things demeaned my stay, but were noticeable.

I ate once at the restaurant, and they were out of the sirloin for the skillet. The replacement was okay, but much less preferred. I was also asked about what sausage I wanted, but the sausage never materialized.

It would also be nice to have tea provided in the room for those of us who don't drink coffee.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank RLO1026
jay
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

We stayed here on 12/20/13, and while there were a few minor issues the staff was very quick to correct them. i think the customer service at this Inn is the best I have seen in a long time, certainly better than Hilton properties I used to stay at until they lost my business for good. We got in very late and slept wonderfully, not hearing anything until our alarm went off this morning. We would definitely recommend this Holiday Inn at 401 E Roslyn Rd in Colonel Heights VA and will remember it for our future travels.

• Stayed December 2013
Springfield,NJ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

I was just there last week & the room was nice, very good for the price.... Throw back was the shower, it wasn't the best & I always look @ a hotel for it's bathroom & bed of course..now maybe that was just not a good room with the best bathroom but over all would I stay again...I might but it must say everything else was in nice order for a HolidayInn.. They really have reinvented themselves.. I say thumbs up for the hotel but a little more can be done..

Stayed December 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Petersburg North - Fort Lee, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear Hotelbody,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am delighted to read that you liked our rooms. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. However, it seems that we failed to meet your expectations with regard to our bathroom amenities. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. We take all reviews very seriously and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
Orlando, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

This is a nice hotel near a shopping area and restaurants. This location is very convenient if you are doing business at Ft. Lee. The atmosphere, location and amenities great pros. The food preparation was a bit slow but the quality of food was good.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Carltosway
Seymour, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

The hotel as really good! The front desk staff were polite and helpful and the rooms were comfortable and clean! if you're a reward member, they give you a bag of cookies, chips, and a drink! The pool is a bit smaller than what it appeared on the picture, but it was dead, so it was perfect!

The only complaint I have was the restaurant! We decided to grab some breakfast before are big day trip to Williamsburg at the on site restaurant. There was only three of us there (one single guy and a family). I had read reviews about the awful service, but was hoping to proven wrong. Jokes on me! We waited 15 minutes for our waitress to actually give us menus and ask for our drink order (people were aware that we had sat down). Then, another 10 minutes for our drinks and order. Then another 35 minutes for our food (a simple breakfast sandwich, pancakes, and egg benedict). Seeing how the restaurant was completely dead with more staff than customers, there was no reason why it should have taken so long. The Egg Benedict was a joke. My hollandaise sauce was clumpy, my eggs were thoroughly cooked through, not poached, and my Canadian bacon was a 'slither'. For the price...not worth it at all. Then waiting for the waitress to come back and give us our check was another long wait. To say the least, we were way behind schedule. It's a shame to have a on-sight restaurant and not know how to run it.

Note, lock up your cars and don't leave your valuables. Walking out to our car that morning, a family had had there van broken into and their camera stolen (full of family memories). The location seems safe...but these things happen.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Wheeling, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

Traveling back from Myrtle Beach we decided to drive half the way & stop. Thursday night cost $147. Was dissappointed in price (breakfast not included) but the hotel next door was sold out at cheaper price.
Pros:Above average room, pool, friendly staff, convenient location
Cons: breakfast not included, pool is inside, small, cold.

• Stayed August 2013
Hampton Inn Petersburg-Southpark Mall
Hampton Inn Petersburg-Southpark...
#2 of 8 in Colonial Heights
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond South/Southpark
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond South...
#1 of 8 in Colonial Heights
Holiday Inn Express Petersburg-Fort Lee
Hampton Inn Petersburg - Ft. Lee
Candlewood Suites Colonial Heights
Candlewood Suites Colonial Heigh...
#6 of 8 in Colonial Heights

Been to Holiday Inn Petersburg North - Fort Lee? Share your experiences!