Econo Lodge
Quality Inn(Chester)
Average 3/5
Comfort Inn(Chester)
Very Good 4/5
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

After reading the good reviews, I wasn't expecting the Hilton, but had hoped for decent. The rooms are superficially clean and could definitely use a good scrubbing. The Location seemed quiet and out of the way, however, between the guests running around screaming and banging on doors at all hours of the day and night, the police showing up( I assume due to this or as a result of this), teenagers using the back parking lot as a make out spot, and the random guest we found sleeping in the back of my husbands truck, we decided it wasn't quite as quiet as we wanted and opted to find another hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013
Jay P, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2013

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Providing a welcoming stay to all our guests is important to us and we will be using your comments to address the issue you had.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

I Have To Believe That The Positive Reviews On This Hotel Are Fake, Or People Are Just Complete Morons. This Is The Nastiest Hotel Ive Ever Been In, Basically Live On The Road With My Line Of Work,Company Pays For Our Hotels, But After Entering The Room I Decided To Sleep In The Truck! Dont Ignore The Negative Reviews Here They Are Spot On!

• Stayed: July 2013
Jay P, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Jessica Tomlin
Guest Services
Econolodge Colonial Heights
804-520-1010

Reviewed 27 June 2013

seems a lot of the people actually LIVE in this hotel! they find it completely normal to be out on their cell phones sitting on coolers at 12 am in the morning keeping visitors from sleeping! The laundry room is ran down. The towels and washcloths were soft but once unfolded revealed stains. I'm a choice customer and booked this room in advance, I probably stay in hotels 4 times a month- believe me when I say go elsewhere! The train is loud and the stray cats everywhere is disgusting.Wi-fi is decent but I had to search behind the disgusting icky furniture for a plug outlet for my labtop...

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Jay P, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are sorry your stay with us did not meet your expectations. We appriciate feedback because it allows us to imporove our rooms to make future stays better. We will be working to fix the problems you have mentioned. We hope if you ever have a need for a hotel in the Colonial Heights area again you will allow us to improve your impression of us.

Reviewed 7 June 2013

Clean room, comfortable beds, good internet, bad drywall work, an a train that goes by every 20 mins. we had coupon from the hotel copon book. double queen size beds. fridge an microwave. outdoor pool

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Jay P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2013

Thank you for your stay with us. We appreciate your business. We will see to the drywall work in question and will keep in mind should you stay with us again to place you in a more quiet location. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 19 May 2013

This was my first visit to this Econo Lodge. I came down from Maryland to visit my mother graveside for Mother Day. I could have spent the week-end with family, but I decided to stay at a hotel in the immediate area. I had read reviews from other travelers pertaining to the other hotels in the area before arriving and it was right on the button according to the reviews. From the time I arrived to the time of my depature was great. The check-in clerk was very friendly, and courteous. The lobby area was very clean with a dining area for continental breakfast that was clean and everything was displayed right in the immediate area. The beverage and food was good for someone wanting to eat light to start off the day. The room was very clean with a microwave, refrigerator, and a soft bed that was extremely relaxing after a few hours on the highway. It is right off the interstate highway, with trains passing by, but the sound from either the highway or the train was not disturbing at all. For the price for staying at this hotel is well worth it. I have stayed at much more expensive hotels that was far less comfortable than here. From the great staff to the facility cleanliness this is the place to stay while travelling through the Richmond, Petersburg area. Thanks Mr. Patel to you and the staff for providing me a home away from home. Hope t see you again in July when I will be coming down again with my family for a celebration of my mom life. One other thing I forgot to mention, check out the swimming pool. It is located behind the hotel facing a wooded area, very nice.

Room Tip: I stayed on the ground floor facing the front in a non smoking room. I did hear the guest upstairs walking around in the room above me but it was early in the day and did not disturb me that night. I am a senior citizen and did not want to face climbing the stairs. The ground floor was a great choice for me.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Jay P, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2013

Hello,

We are so happy to read your review and that you found your stay so enjoyable. We strive to be the home away from home for all our guests and love hearing your feedback. Our staff takes extreme pride in being the best that we can be and we are glad to here that we met your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to our property.