“Nice little stay”

Baymont Inn & Suites Covington
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Covington
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This newly remodeled Quality was very cozy and modern. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly and breakfast was very adequate. The only disadvantage was they had satellite TV and wifi and it stormed the night we were there thus messing up the wifi.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Moli K, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Covington, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thank you.

We hope to serve you even better in the future.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed here because the prices for other hotels in Covington were almost double the price. I was warned by local friends that the location was sketchy, but we decided it was worth the risk. We arrived in town for a wedding around 2 pm, and were able to check-in fairly quickly. The room was decent, and looked ok overall. We quickly changed and didn't return until after the wedding around 9 pm. The people in the rooms around us were loud. The toilet was not set properly, and would wobble. The a/c was awful. It apparently had an energy-saving feature that caused it to run for a few minutes and then shut off for several minutes. It didn't get cool in the room until sometime in the middle of the night. While we were preparing to leave, my wife found press-on nails left on the counter, as well as a disgusting stain on the bed under the sheets. We would gladly pay the extra money for another hotel if we return to the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mjswar
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Check in was slow but adequate. Traveled there on business so 4 of us took about 30 minutes to get our keys. No one else was ahead of us. One of my party had major disfunction with his room key and had to get another room. hour later he got a room. Room was clean although the bathroom could have used a little more attention to detail. clean towels. Small room. I stayed in a single king on the first floor and could hear footsteps in the room above me pretty vividly which, to me, is very annoying. but slept ok in a comfortable bed with 4 pillows. Housekeeping staff is very friendly. The guy that checked us in was still there at midnight and there in the morning, He was there in the afternoon after we returned from work and is still here! HMM.. Any way this place is OK but no places within walking distance for dinner, but, had some great restaurants available for delivery. OK place for a slow season if your looking for price. It was quiet and slept OK. the continental breakfast was below average. Do yourself and the local economy afavor walk down the street for a meal in the morning, your not going to miss the hotel breakfast savings at all.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 312seanb
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Not sure what all the other reviews were about but I stayed in 102 for two nights when I was there, everything was tidy and neat. Room service came later in the afternoon instead of the usual 11am-12pm check out times. We stayed while all the paper factory contractors were out of town and only 3 other people stayed there.

The only bad about this place is the seemingly lackadaisical management style. Milk was expired for 11 days and breakfast was all pre-frozen microwaveable food. When I brought the milk to the attention of management who happened to be an Indian owner, he said, "You look like a tough guy, should be no problem." Not an apology offered nor any compensation given.

I'm an easy-going, low-maintenance type of person so from a room perspective it was cheap ($77 with military discount). Cheapest in the town of Covington. From a management perspective, horrible, I rather not deal with them. Just give me my room and leave me alone.

Oh, place is not pet friendly FYI. We had a dog with us, but if you get caught its a $250 fine.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 September 2013

The town is smelly (coal), and the room price is pretty high, but overall a pleasant stay. The location looked a bit sketchy, but we still felt safe. The rooms are comfortable (if a bit small) and the decor is nice. Breakfast was so-so, but better than nothing. A few extra amenities (pool, in room refrigerator) would have been nice, but it got the job done.

• Stayed: September 2013
Moli K, Director of Sales at Baymont Inn & Suites Covington, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Thank you.

We hope to serve you even better in the future.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

We stayed there this last weekend when I couldn't find a better hotel in the area. I originally chose this hotel because the reviews looked good and the pictures made it look good. The pictures give a false impression that the rooms are larger than they really are. The rate was >$100 and I don't believe it was worth it. The bathroom had a slight urine smell and a few flies like the ones you find in a gas station restroom. I will not stay in this hotel again. I would have rather paid the $170 for a better hotel on I-81. Along with the smell in the bathroom the ac unit blows directly on you in the bed. I did not get a good nights sleep due to this and the bed was not even a king sized bed, it was closer to a full. We arrived exhausted, around midnight or I would have complained.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Richard C
Reviewed 27 July 2013

The beds were comfortable but the rooms were dirty. There were bugs in our room and in the breakfast room. Small cups of liquid throughout the breakfast room, to catch the buds?? Our bottle of conditioner was almost empty (no new bottle, really), hole in wall in the bathroom, clothing size sticker on bathroom door & dirt smears on several of the walls. Breakfast was slim picking if we would have eaten, we decided to go elsewhere because of the bugs. Good location but it needs some attention.

• Stayed: June 2013