Magnuson Hotel Mountain View
Hampton.com
Budget Inn Motel(Covington)
US$109
US$98
The Omni Homestead Resort(Hot Springs)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$159
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Roseloe Motel(Hot Springs)(Great Value!)
US$97
Quality Inn(Lewisburg)
US$85
QualityInn
US$76
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 August 2013

This place was the closest to our destination for the day. Well marked entrance up to hotel and it was near a major highway. The place is showing it age. The employees were very friendly. The breakfast was included and very good.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2013

The room and beds were fresh and clean. Staff were attentive and pleasant. The kids liked the pool. Located near all conveniency stores should you need to stock up during a trip. Was surprised to find the restaurant quite busy at 6 in the morning. Hostesses were fast and very efficient. Excellent menu for the complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Peder P
Reviewed 30 July 2013

While it is important to note that the hotel shares its grounds with a nightclub, they do so with FULL disclosure (with signage at the front desk even offering to set you up with a sister hotel in town if you'd prefer). I respect that.

I was apprehensive when I arrived due to the bad reviews...none of which mentioned they had been warned both verbally and through posted signs about the night club BEFORE they checked in, but I am glad I stayed.

The hotel lobby is nice and much more modern than the rooms. Each room opens to the outdoors motel-style and my door did not auto-close (so make sure to pull it closed behind you). The rooms are quite dated, though mine was very clean. The shower had adequate pressure and soap/shampoo/etc was provided.

The TV had a large channel selection, but the sleep function on their third-party remotes does not work.

I was on the backside of the hotel and it was quiet. I did find it humorous that a very intoxicated lady was being escorted out of the club by a bouncer when I arrived for my very late check-in. Even though she was incredibly drunk, she slurred a compliment about my car and I appreciated that.

Internet is awesome. I test every hotel on speedtest.net and this hotel consistently scored between an 8 and 9Mb connection. For a tiny town that didn't even have a 4G connection for my Verizon phone, I was very impressed.

Breakfast is included free with the room, and it is a sit down breakfast with a standard breakfast menu. I ordered french toast and it was amazing for the price. The tables, chairs, and wall decorations probably looked the same as they did 50 years ago and were very clean for their age.

All in all, it is a fine place to stop for the night. If you don't want to risk night club noise, ask for a room on the back side of the hotel or take them up on their posted offer to find you a room in one of their sister hotels.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the night club and away from the lobby.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 July 2013

The first room we got had bugs , they give us another room and it had cigerette ashes all over the bed and sheets, also had lots of body fluid stains on the bed spread and the sheets were so wrinkled and had long black hair on them ,It was nasty . We called the desk ,she said she would get us another room . we waited 40 min and called her back said she forgot . She found us a room in the main hotel that she told us earlier they did not have .
S Williams -- L Stover--H Bailey --C Litteral---L Shepperd

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Libby S
Reviewed 10 July 2013

This is the worst stay in my 56 year life. Right across the pool is their evening night club that stays open until 2:00 am The music is so loud sleep is impossible. The bass rattles the windows and the walls, calling the desk/manager did nothing. The Bed was on a wood frame which in itself isn't a problem but if it isn't attached you can sit on the edge and have the other side flip up and put you on the floor. Again the desk/manager could have cared less. Stay away from this place it is misery you don't need when traveling. Corporate needs to take a serious look at the management of this place.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple