“Love the Pourhouse addition”
Review of Crozet Pizza

Crozet Pizza
Ranked #3 of 28 Restaurants in Crozet
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Small spot with limited parking, pizza is pretty good but tends to be very heavy on the oregano. The addition of the Pourhouse have been nice, beer selection is decent and has a decent amount of local selections. Just have pizza selections at the moment. Pourhouse area can get packed depending on time of day/day of the week, seemed to have picked up a lot of the regulars from Fardowners.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I don't understand. What are people thinking? It's just ordinary pizza. It's not bad pizza, but this place doesn't deserve the rave reviews on Trip Advisor, Fodor's or any other media source. The bas experience that I had with Crozet Pizza is the elitist attitude the staff had when we first moved to Crozet 10 years ago. We were told that we needed to order 3 hours ahead of time for pickup. Another time, we walked into the restaurant to eat inside. No one was in the place, but we were told that reservations were needed. Since then we've probably tried Crozet Pizza a few times only to be left wondering what is so great about the pizza. This last time, we were underwhelmed again.

2  Thank Penn-Virginian
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Crozet is a small town a few miles off I-64 and West of Charlottesville VA. Crozet Pizza was rated by Fodor's Travel Guide as the Best in the US and by National Geographic as the Best in the World. With those lofty accolades we had to stop for dinner while traveling to the Shenandoah Valley.
Parking was convenient-right at the door- but the lot was full. We got the last available space. Even so, I was able to walk in and get seated immediately. The restaurant is family owned and was established in 1977. A bar area was added three months ago. The owner pulled up the old flooring and used it for the walls. The bar has three TVs tuned to sports stations. They serve mixed drinks and local beers and wine. ( The menu says whiskey is our house wine.) The dining area is small, quaint and rustic with wooden picnic style tables and benches. One wall is covered with business cards and the other walls have pictures, license plates, foreign money and other items.
Our server, Maggie, was nothing if not terrific. My wife and I ordered soft drinks served in plastic cups (that's what they serve drinks in- paper plates for the pizza). She ordered a house salad which consisted of lettuce, sliced cherry tomatoes and cucumbers. She declared it the best salad she had ever had. I ordered a Caprese salad and I also found it very enjoyable.
For a pizza we ordered a medium with easy sauce, thin crust and pepperoni, sausage and bacon. Taking a tip from other Trip Advisor reviews I asked for no oregano. When we finished eating we still had three sliced left. It was a really good pizza. For $35. before tip I thought we got our money's worth. My wife is already ready to come back soon.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Love everything about this place we always get the meat pizza and a veggie the flavor is like no other best pizza everrr

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Not bad pizza but not as good as all the hype. Too much oregano, it smothers the pizza experience. .....Not very friendly (warm and fuzzy) staff. Interior very old and cold. Not my choice for pizza in Crozet. There are better choices.

3  Thank FAC86

Been to Crozet Pizza? Share your experiences!