“Love this place”

Cuisines: Pizza
crozet
“Love this place”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

The bread is homemade; the subs and service are great! My family and I eat at Sal's regularly because the food is delicious (even if the decor isn't the greatest) because we know we'll always get good service and great food at reasonable prices!

• Visited February 2014

“YUM”
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

Not the fanciest place but the pizza is delicious!!!! And the people are friendly! A great place to stop for lunch if you are heading out to the Shenandoah national park or another mountainous destination. We got carry out before camping at a nearby camping resort and it was really good pizza.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“In a word? Filthy!”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I always watch "Restaurant Impossible" and "Kitchen Nightmares", and these names correctly define Sal's Pizza. Approaching the door the drapes are dirty and hung with no care. Opening the door, the atmosphere is dark and dank. The carpet is filthy throughout, the walls chipped and chair cushions ripped. Our table was dirty with dry, crusty sauce. The flavor of our "deluxe pizza" was monotone and the vegetables were not cooked. The door leading to the restroom was filthy, and the windows were dirty. It is also close to the kitchen, and with one quick look I noticed a container of large sausages that appeared oddly blackened and dried. It wouldn't take a world-renowned Chef to tell them they should close their doors.

• Visited December 2013
“NO!”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We visited this 'joint' based largely on reviews read on this website. First thing we noticed was the painted plywood over the windows. That should have been enough but we ventured inside anyway. The place needs an overhaul or to be closed forever. We ordered a small 'deluxe' pizza "with everything" and a beer and a tea. The mug was frosted which gave me hope but shortly after a few sips of my beer, something that looked waxy (maybe some shredded cheese?) suddenly floated to the top! Uggghhh. I was given another beer which I drank from the bottle. The pizza arrived and it looked like a medium or a large instead of a small -- no harm there but the toppings were not cooked so I sent it to the kitchen to be baked again. When the pizza returned, we became aware that it didn't have all of the ingredients that would make a 'deluxe' pizza but we ate it anyway. We also noted that the ingredients were not sprinkled around the entire pizza but were just thrown in the middle. The taste of the pizza was ok but given the atmosphere and problems mentioned here doesn't make a pleasant experience. Something else I noticed was the fact that people come in and just stand around waiting for their order – hence, the reason I called this a 'joint'. The waitress was very pleasant and kind and this is important to mention but I felt sorry for her working in a place like this. Don't go. Grumpy Cat would also say “NO”.

• Visited December 2013
“Great Service...good food”
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I have lived in crozet about 2 years and finally gave the place a try... i mean there isn't much to chose from when eating out in crozet. i will start by saying what stood out the most...that the staff was awesome, very attentive and friendly. i ordered eggplant parm. it was too greasy for my taste, the salad was good and bread ok. i feel the prices are some what reasonable for the type of food they serve and the portion sizes are huge but i normally budget just 6-10 for a meal when i eat out so the 15.00 was "expensive" for my budget overall i would go there again when i have a few extra bucks.

• Visited May 2013