See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 September 2014

This place is by far the worst place I've ever been to! I've been to every motel/hotel in Culpeper. This place is filthy. The receptionist isn't ever at the desk. She doesn't bring clean towels, sheets, blanket, or toilet paper like any other place. The room I got had trash everywhere! Behind the bed and in the dressers. ROACHES!!! Not to mention the lady said she wanted to beat my child and she told my child she would knock his head off! By the way, my child is THREE! This is a disgusting place. The bathroom in the room I stayed in was nasty looking. Paint peeling out the tub, rust in the sink and the tub, and the toilet was coming up out the floor. I would definitely not recommend this place to amybody. I recommend staying AWAY!

• Stayed: September 2014
4  Thank soowhatt
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I am staying cant go anywhere e lese.I have spent my money here.the roaches r running the place. They make u set in hot rooms will not turn on air. And dont try saying anything to the health dept cause they dont care.I guess its not them so why care.I feel sorry for the kids here.I guess this is the worst I have seen

• Stayed: June 2014
5  Thank angelgir
Reviewed 24 September 2013

My fiancé and I are currently looking for a house to rent and while we are looking we thought it a good idea to rent out a room at our local Lord Culpeper Hotel. Upon arriving there was no one at the desk, which at first I did not mind seeing at there was a sign clearly stating a phone number to call to get ahold of someone. When te woman finally came down she was in her pjs!! We got our room which really was not a horrible rate for the amount of time we wanted to stay. As we were walking to our room we became overcome with cigarette smoke smell. We shrugged it off knowing it used to be a smokers hotel. When we walked into the room(212), it was very small but enough for me and my fiancé so we didnt mind. It was not the cleanest room I've ever seen. It honestly made my fiancé rethink our stay but unfortunately my dumb self convinced him to stay. We stayed one night and the next day while he was at work I saw a bug crawling on me and freaked.. I ripped the covers off the bed an was horrified to find BED BUGS!! It was disgusting! I informed the health department rather quickly and we checked out! This was a day ago and I'm still itching my skin and have showered twice. I would never recommend this place to anyone. It should e condemd and torn down.

• Stayed: September 2013
6  Thank Irishroses24
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I was at the Thai restaurant housed in the Lord Culpeper Hotel today. I am a regular, don't even get a menu anymore. After lunch my friend and I decided to sit in the lobby of the hotel for a few minutes to chat. My friend was having a bad day so I hugged her and kissed her forehead. As I embraced her the receptionist asked if we were waiting for someone and I responded no, we just came from the restaurant. She raised her voice and kicked us out stating we had been there all day and this "was a hotel, not a make out and hang out place". I proceeded to tell her that we were not there all day we had just left the restaurant and showed her my receipt. She became aggressive and stated she did not want to see my receipt she knew we were there all day. My friend and I left as to not cause a scene. This is the most hateful place i have ever been too. Do not go! Especially if you are LGBTQ, hate ooozes from this place!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
8  Thank Keila R
Reviewed 4 April 2013

I moved in here a few days ago and will be here for a few months. At first I wasn't sure because I didn't have hot water but the staff got right on it and even let me use the shower in another room in the meantime. My room has matching furnishings, bright inviting wall colors, a three foot fridge, a microwave, and a late model TV. For $800 a month you get cable, internet, utilities and a weekly cleaning.

I used to work in corporate hotels and there was full housekeeping staff, full front desk staff, full maintenance staff, full management staff, full assistant staff to the staff and basically lots of money to throw around to make sure 301 got their extra blanky. Lord Culpeper isn't that. You have to not be a whiner and do a few things yourself like get your own batteries for the remote, take out your trash to the dumpster, and little things like that. However, if you are a whiner, they will still take care you with a smile, it's just that there are just a handful of people running this whole place, so they seem a bit overworked.

This is is walking distance to theaters, fine dining, bars and shops. Also I should mention that I haven't seen a single bug. Not one roach or stink bug. The staff is friendly and I am enjoying my stay here.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple