“Surpasses expectations for the price & location”

Red Carpet Inn Culpeper
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Culpeper
Reviewed 8 July 2013

This is a cheap hotel and yes, the room had some old wear & stains, but for the price ($66 military rate including tax on a July Sat night) it was much better than expected. The other options in Culpeper or Warrenton are either very expensive or very crappy places with many terrible reviews.
The couple who runs this place are obviously conscientious - the room was clean (carpet felt old and a bit suspect) and the lobby area is decent.

What really sets it apart is the nice landscaping along the entrance drive and across from the office. There is even a small sitting area with patio chairs & table in the grassy area - a very nice touch.

Bed wasn't the most comfortable, but was as expected for this type of place.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeff S

Reviewed 31 March 2013

Stayed 3 hours during a snow storm while riding my motorcycle. The outside seems decent, the inside was a differnet story. Water from the sink was brown, the tub floor had something brown gunk that didn't wash away with water. As Hollybay said you get what you pay for. Thankfully the wifi worked, as soon as the weather cleared enough, I got out and finished my trip home.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 August 2012

As the saying goes...you get what you pay for. Although it was for one night, I would not stay again. The entire room creaked and made other strange noises. The light fixtures that were OFF made weird noises throughout the night. Mismatched furniture, outdated, live tick on the bathroom floor and don't ask about the "continental breakfast". It was coffee or tea with some kind of pre-packed honey buns you could buy at a 7-11 for 50 cents or less. Pretty bad overall.
(The front desk person was very nice though.)

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hollybay
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Our room at this Red Carpet Inn was clean, pleasant and equipped with a microwave and refrigerator. The grounds are exceptionally lovely; the owners utilize their talents to landscape and plant flowers in the well kept grounds around the hotel. They are friendly and helpful. The budget price for the room was another advantage. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My husband and I were driving home from visiting family and decided to stop here along the way since we were getting tired. We asked around at a few of the local hotels and this one was about $20 cheaper so we decided to give it a shot. The room was freezing cold, badly in need of repairs and as basic a room as you can get. We were ok with that until we started noticing the stink bugs. We found 5 of them crawling around the room and I'm sure there were many more that we didn't notice. If I'm ever staying in this area again I will definitely spend a few more dollars and stay at one of the larger chains about 1/2 mile away.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank eastc0astwestc0ast
Reviewed 15 January 2011

My husband checked in for a week and the rate was 45 per night with the total of 320 dollars. we left and went to another town for a week and came back to check in for another week and he charged 58 per night total of 405 dollars .. well we checked in for another week @ 60 per night. Finally i got upset and asked the man what was his daily rate and he looked at me like i was crazy I told him what he did and he said he could give me back a dollar and some change.. I laughed and said is that all and then he had the nerve to ask my if i wanted to stay another week..I guess the rates would have went up to 80 dollars per night... Another problem was the room cleaners... I was in the shower and they knocked on the door I told them to hold on a minute while i got dressed before I could get to the door she opened it up on me and i was half dressed.. I told her to get out and all she could say was do you need towels... The Worst PLACE to STAY...GO somewhere else don't stay here.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 November 2010

My wife and I were pleasantly surprised with the Hotel. I was hesitate in making my reservations after reading the reviews. I have a business and was in town for an Air Show at the "Flying Circus Airshow" and found this motel to be the most convenient to the Bealeton location. Obviously this family run establishment is advancing in a positive direction, the grounds are very attractive wih Bonsai trees, somebodies been working hard. Manager/Owner was friendly. Building the American Dream.

We had dinner at the Culpeper Thai Restaurant and Bar in town. Outstanding, friendly, clean, good food good prices and plenty of it.

Because of its value and cleanliness when I return to visit nearby Historical "Montpelier" Home of President James Madison with my mother and mother-in-law, we will stay here need I say more?

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business