“Deceptive”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Culpeper
Virginia
“Deceptive”
Reviewed 10 August 2007

In February of 2007 I called the Inn to reserve 10 rooms for my July wedding. I told him some people would be staying one night and some would be staying two. My family wanted to see some of the local sights while they were here. The gentleman seemed happy to reserve the dates and quoted me $65 a night. I asked if he needed a credit card number or for me to come sign a contract. He said the information was on a yellow reservation card in the office and that was all that was needed. A month later I went in to look at the rooms and yellow card. The owners wife became instantly upset with the reservation. They had not realized when I made it that there was a large horse show in the area that week. I asked if the reservation was ok but never got a definitive reply. In April my family began to reserve rooms. Imagine my shock when they called to say they were being told between $79 and 85 a night. I drove over there and the wife was rude from the moment I walked in. I asked to see the card and saw that it had been altered. I tried to explain that it was not my fault that it was a horse weekend and my family should not have to pay fpr their mistake. She argued and called her husband who threatened to cancel the reservations. I got upset at that point and left. I contacted coperate and they did nothing. In June he began denying one night stays by my relatives. He started calling me and saying that he could get more money and more nights from the horse show people. With the wedding only weeks away, I could do nothing. He never did reduce the price and my family had to pay for his mistake.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — The owners
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank aspensmom

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Charlottesville, VA
Reviewed 2 August 2007

I ordinary do not write on review like this but our staying in Red Carpet Inn in Culpeper was so nicely pleasant. Motel area was beautifully landscaped and entirely home like atmosphere. It was a totally surprising experience. They did a fantastic work in remodelling last year. Room was clean and people were nice. Walking along the flower garden and resting in the bench under shade was mostly enjoyable to us. We will defiantely come back again.

• Liked — Pleasant surrounding atmosphere
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank bobhomebodi
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 April 2005

I was staying in Culpeper for a few days to visit some friends. My family and I decided on Knights in because it seemed to be less expensive and I don't believe in spending a lot of money on a hotel room. I'm a big fan of things being clean, and was dissapointed when I got out of the shower, got ready to go out, looked at the bottom of my feet, and noticed they were very noticably brown. I had only stepped out of the shower 30 minutes before-hand. Other problems were very shady guests and all kinds of loud noises (mostly banging, slamming doors, and loud arguments), even in the middle of the night. I would definitely NOT recommend this hotel.

Stayed April 2004
15 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Culpeper hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Culpeper
BEST WESTERN Culpeper Inn
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#3 of 7 in Culpeper
Comfort Inn & Suites Orange
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Warrenton
Holiday Inn Express Orange

Been to Red Carpet Inn Culpeper? Share your experiences!