“Good spot for the night...”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Culpeper
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Clean, quiet and nice air conditioned room. Just what is needed on a business trip. The breakfast was good and no problems in the large room. Best hotel in the area and staff was helpful. I will stay here again...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Nice, clean, new, fresh, just slightly pricey for the area. Staff was pleasant although check in was just a bit slow. Enjoyed use of indoor pool during our stay. Breakfast was wonderful, room was spacious and fresh. Would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 June 2014

For what it is, the Holiday Inn Express Culpeper is a great value: Large quiet room, fast free wifi, okay old-style bathroom, fine breakfast, and a good indoor pool.

All the Culpeper chain hotels are clustered together. This is the best. I've also stayed at the Microtel, which is clean and fine, but the Microtel doesn't have a pool and their breakfast is not as good.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Rooms were clean and people at front desk were very helpful. Pool is inside. Breakfast was very good with lots of options for a hotel breakfast. Not a far drive from downtown Culpeper. Pretty far drive from local winery.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel is a fantastic place to stay. From the warm welcome right on down to the warm cinnamon buns for breakfast, we've enjoyed every night that we've spent there! There is also a very nice downtown area close by that is filled with things to do like shopping, dining, and exploring actual Civil War sites and artifacts.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank wescoleri
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Room was very clean and spacious, the bed was extremely comfortable. The breakfast was quite good and I enjoyed the very nicely appointed breakfast room. The only thing that was a drawback is that I did not get a very friendly greeting when I checked in and was actually kept waiting for some time by the desk clerk who was doing something else at the front desk (which was odd as it was after 11pm) as I was trying to check in. I also did not get my priority club gift (or any acknowledgment of my membership) until I asked for the gift the next day. I am not one to stand on ceremony, but it was a bit jarring because Holiday Inn is always so good about stuff like that. But, all in all this is a place I would be glad to frequent again. Very nice.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Our room was great. We were only there for one night so we only had one free breakfast there. I was very disappointed in the breakfast. My favorite thing is their cinnamon buns and you would think they would put them out under the heat lamp early enough for them to be warm (and not hard) when they open for breakfast. We came down for breakfast around 7:30 (they open at 5) and there was one empty container and another one that had apparently just been put out (had a sign on it saying they would be ready shortly). The buns were not even thinking about being warm and soft. We had to hit the road so I couldn't wait for the buns that I love so much.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cheryl h
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Dear cheryl h,

Thank you for staying with us and taking time to leave us a comment. I appreciate your willingness to share your experience. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the room experience.

We have identified the issues in regard to your breakfast experience and are working diligently on training to ensure that our guests do not have the same issue.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to be of service to your next visit.

John O
Case Manager
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Culpeper
Best Western Culpeper Inn
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Culpeper
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#4 of 7 in Culpeper
Comfort Inn & Suites Orange
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Warrenton
Poplar Springs Inn & Spa

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!