“Friendly staff with OK food”
Review of Hazel River Inn Restaurant - CLOSED

Hazel River Inn Restaurant
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 24 June 2014

The staff was quite friendly but the food could have ben better. Of the five items on my plate only one was warm. It was evident that the plate had been siiting for a while. Would not return with all the other options on the same street. Found the drink prices to be a bit high as well.

1  Thank pierre20639

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I've eaten here a few times and I've yet to be blown away by the food. It's been an average meal (I've only been here for lunch) the menu is somewhat limited on choices, and slightly over priced for what you receive. I love the atmosphere inside the restaurant, the older style gives it a comfortable vibe. It's been quiet with maybe only 1 or 2 other diners when I've been there so it's a soothing place to unwind after shopping. The service is only average. The staff doesn't seem to be up to the standard of a fine dining restaurant. They are very friendly, just what you'd find in any other commercialized restaurant. All in all I will probably go back again, but this is by no means a favorite of mine.

Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

Our first visit to this reataurant was July 4th last year when we dined downstairs at the new German restaurant. The staff was over the top and wonderful mind you there wasn't an empty seat and few servers who were trained excellentally. It is because of that day that this past weekend we chose to try the upstairs Hazel river casual dining and I still am regretting every second. The restaurant was cold and almost too quite much different then the downstairs experience we remember. Our server seemed to dread waiting on us as we left questioning how she was even a server. Maybe being a teenager no more and waiting tables brings her down who knows but the service was almost as awful as the food. I received a cold bowl of soup not once but twice.. sweet tea after asking for non and three dirty spoons before finally getting a clean one. We witnessed rolling of the eyes huffs under the breaths and dragging of the feet because she actually had to work. Again NOTHING compared to what we experienced last fourth of July. That day was extremely busy a newly opened in fact I think it was the first day it opened with only 3 young lady's working beautifully together I was quite disappointed to not see any of them and how different not just the staff but the whole experience was. I wish nobody the waste of time and money and hope the owners hire a staff that can prepare meals better and wait on guests in more of a professional manner. For heavens sake just smile...very disappointed.

2  Thank dyates44
Reviewed 4 March 2014

The service is good. The food is consistent and reasonably tasty. It is our place to go when others are full or we are in the mood for a quiet meal.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

We loved our dinner upstairs and while a bit disapointed that Blackberry Chicken was off the menu (not really in season in February!) I LOVED the Coq au Vin and my wife loved the crab cakes! We both shared the bananas foster with a local twist :) The ambience was lovely: exposed wood beams and hundred year old brick walls! We had lunch the next day and really enjoyed the unique German beers on tap as well as the brats and the beer cheese sauce and pretzels were the apex of the lunch!

2  Thank abbysmom1966