“The best bakery in Culpeper and Piedmont area”
Review of Dolcery Desserts - CLOSED

Dolcery Desserts
Reviewed 13 November 2012

It was my first time going to this bakery after doing online searches for a local bakery and I'm glad that this came up. I could not be more happy we decided to go to this bakery. We had a few cupcakes at the place as well as cupcakes to go. I love Tres Leches and could have not agreed more with the way they bake and make their Tres Leches cakes. Those comments about the Tres Leches cakes are not right at all. Obviously you do not know how to make Tres Leches. You cannot go to Italy and tell an Italian chef how to make pasta or real pizza. I'm glad this bakery has traditional Hispanic goodies like Empanadas, Alfajores and more.

The family loved and and we always stop by to get half of dozen or a dozen for our weekends. We recently placed an order for pies for our Thanksgiving dinner. Our family had their delicious pies last year and they loved it. Real home made pies fresh, you can't beat that. I could not be more satisfied with bakery and happy that as residents in the town of Culpeper we now have a new and better option for cupcakes, cakes and other baked goodies. For the last year and a half ever since Dolcery Desserts bakery opened we could not be happier with our sweets.

Stop by and enjoy their sweets, specially with their awesome prices. I work in DC and got tired of buying overpriced, dried cupcakes from Gtown cupcakes in DC. I hope one day this bakery makes it to the TV and lets the world what their sweets are all about.. A true Gem..

Reviewed 1 October 2012

What a great addition to the Culpeper area. My daughter needs gluten-free food and unless I want to bake it's tough to find sweets she can eat. She loved her cupcakes from Dolcery Desserts. The gluten free cupcakes are filled with cream and are frosted to order. We gluten eaters shared a number of other treats-a huge slice of chocolate cake, blondie, flan(!!!!) and cupcakes. All excellent. They will make gluten free cakes and tres leches cakes to order. I feel the items were reasonably priced for the quality. Keep it up Dolcery Desserts. We will be back.

Reviewed 14 September 2012

The cupcakes and cakes look so pretty and appetizing inside the glass cases, but looks can be deceiving. I purchased one vanilla cupcake w/vanilla frosting ($2.25) and a tres leches cake ($4). The cupcake was VERY dense and gummy (batter was overmixed). It should have had a light and fluffy texture. The frosting was below average. The first bite was so dissapointing, to say the least. I love to bake and I've made tres leches cake many times. The tres leches cake should have been called un leche cake. I did not detect any condensed milk or evaporated milk and it was not sweet enough. Don't waste your time or money at this bakery.