“NIkea was so helpful and nice”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Culpeper
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Culpeper
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Stayed at the Microtel Inn & Suites in Culpeper for 2 nights as we were attending a wedding .Nikea at the front desk was so nice and helpful from check in to checkout. She switched our room on our request to give a better view outside so we could see when our friends were arriving and even helped us locate where the rehearsal dinner was being held. It is not always the case that you have someone like Nikea in the Hotel customer service field that sincerely enjoys their job.It definitely shows and we will stay there again when visiting the area..

There are newer reviews for Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Culpeper

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Easy access, right off Highway 29. A little tough to see as the sign is very small. First road right off the highway.

Allows dogs. Both night and day managers were wonderful to us! Very attentive, pleasant to work with (especially when we requested a first floor room because we had a dog in a crate with us). Room was spotless, bed comfortable, AC unit quiet yet efficient. Wyndham properties have the worst pillows in the universe. Lumpy foam but at least they are consistent from property to property. If you are fussy about your pillows, I suggest bring your own from home. Microtels have smaller rooms, more on the European scale than American, but one won't feel cramped. They serve a Continental breakfast of bagels, cereal, coffee and juice. The morning manager must not understand the value of fresh (even though they are frozen) bagels. I had to open a new bag to find one that hadn't already dried out. Only negative at this facility. Very good value for the price. Unlike their sister Days Inn chain, Microtel does not have fridge/microwave in the room. Be aware of this if you want to keep your drinks cold and refreeze your ice packs. You can't do it here. Unfortunately, the time we visited, the ice machine was out of order so we had to go and buy some ice. Minor inconvenience. Definitely and excellent value. Would stay again in a heartbeat.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

My husband and I took a spur of moment trip to Washington DC and did some sight seeing through Virginia so we never booked any hotel as we traveled...we stopped when we got tired. Microtel was the best place we stayed as we traveled Virginia for 4 days. Small, comfortable, quiet, clean, good breakfast, great beds, and good price for just stopping in without internet reservation deals. We could have stayed in DC the next night but traveled back and stayed again so we could get an early head start on antiquing in the small towns near Culpepper the next morning. I think the next time we take a road trip I'll be looking for a Microtel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2013

My family arrived on Friday, August 30, 2013. We checked out Monday, September 2, 2013. We were staying with a large group that had come to Culpeper for my niece's wedding. I had originally reserved 2 suites as I thought that I would be bringing 2 other family members along with my family, and would need more room. When I called back to cancel the second suite, after I realized we wouldn't need it, I was told that our suite had been moved from the third floor to the second floor. Apparently the hotel had suffed a power outage which had knocked out power to the entire third floor to include air conditioning and television. this had created a shortage of rooms for the hotel, and created problems for the wedding party later in the weekend.
When we arrived Friday evening, the staff member at the front desk had a pillow, sheets and towels for us to take up to our room for our two teenage sons. The extra sheets were for the pull out sofa bed. When we asked for an additional pillow we were told that we could only have the one because there was already three pillows on the queen bed in the room. Apparently there are no extra pillows, even though the entire third floor is unusable. We also requested a blanket for the pull out. We were told that there were no blankets available, only sheets. So I'm a bit confused as to why this room is advertised as a suite, and costs more to rent that a regular room, which comes with two queen beds, when there is not enough pillows and blankets to make up the pullout. We had to use several layers of sheets, which by the way had stains all over them in order to make up our sons room.
In addition, the air conditioner in our room was not working very well at all. It would cycle on and off and the room would never really cool off, even when we set the air at the coolest setting.
We were staying on a non-smoking floor, and the entire floor and elevator smelled very badly of an old stale cigarette.
There was one ice machine on the main floor in the lobby, and it never had ice in it. When I asked a staff member about this, I was told that there was nothing that they could do, we just had to wait to see if it would make more ice.
In the three days that we were staying at the hotel the only elevator broke down three different times for several hours at a time.
The toilet kept backing up in my sister's room, and the staff was indifferent to the issue as well.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

We checked in last Saturday evening. I had to go to the front desk to ask for shampoo. When I came back to the room my husband told me the tub had a wet and dirty wash cloth in it and the tub was not cleaned. I told them at the desk the next morning and they did nothing for us. The walls were thin you could hear everyones conversations. The breakfast consisted of some muffins and juice. I would stay at the Best Western or Holiday Inn next time.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

This was the worse night ever at a motel! I am sorry but the next room to us had their tv on loud all night. Loud. I called down finally at 1:30 a.m. and asked the front desk to please tell them to turn it down. They said they would but the noise continued until well after 8 a.m. Otherwise, the room was clean and the staff was pleasant but I told my husband we should have saved our money and slept in the car we would have gotten more rest.

1  Thank Melody S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Culpeper
Best Western Culpeper Inn
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#3 of 7 in Culpeper
Comfort Inn & Suites Orange
Baymont Inn & Suites Warrenton
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Warrenton

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Culpeper? Share your experiences!