“Well Managed Hotel”

Super 8 Daleville/Roanoke
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Daleville
Reviewed 17 May 2014

This Super 8 has recently been updated and it is very clean. Front desk and housekeeping staff are very friendly. Rooms are large, has interior corridors, located near the interstate convenient to several restaurants. Price was very high for a Super 8 but we arrived during a special event weekend. Don't know what the regular rates would be but if they are in the typical Super 8 range I would give this an "excellent" rating in its class.

Room Tip: No elevator so opt for the first floor facing the back (even numbered rooms) so you won't face t...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lance D
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This review is partly on my opinion and partly my parents. I have stayed at this hotel several times with my 2 young children. I was there again this past Oct for my b-day weekend. My parents (mom didn't want to listen to me) chose the "hotel" (crap hole) across the road. When I saw THEIR hotel & then they saw MY hotel, they were dumbfounded. I wouldn't let my worst enemy stay at the hotel across the road from Super 8. Well, my parents ended up staying at this hotel again a week ago with my 10 year old nephew. I'm not sure where all of the bad reviews are coming from as personally, I have not experienced any

Not saying that people don't have problems. I just have not.

This hotel is NOT an upscale hotel. It's your average hotel for people who are mostly travelers.(like us) This hotel has a simple breakfast. If you're looking for a full blown breakfast, go to a restaurant. They serve a fairly decent breakfast with juices/coffees. My family and I have been satisfied by their breakfast. Kudos to Super 8. You all have (in my opinion) done a great job in the past 4 years I've been staying at your place. Rooms are clean, beds comfy, breakfast is good & customer service has been good. Thanks for your help! I've stayed with you all probably 6 times in 4 years. Keep it up!

Room Tip: If you're looking for upscale...$200/night, keep looking. This hotel is not for you. :)
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 5lovesthebeach
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Really nicely renovated. Looks really nice and clean. An elevator would be great, otherwise, not a bad place to stay at all. Shower head was awesome! Only issues were mattresses are too firm and housekeeping tried to clean room early when we were staying over.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Crystal S
Reviewed 16 April 2014

The motel was just okay..nothing "super" about it. It could have used a thorough cleaning instead of the quick once over given to most motel rooms in average motels such as super8...those sink drains can sure become moldy when not cleaned regularly. Ugh! The continental breakfast was bleak and i wonder how many people were disappointed when checking it out the next a.m. after a (perhaps) long day of travel before. One thing that did upset me was I am a single woman in my 60's and was with family during the day, returning to my motel room about 11:15pm that evening. I had my motel keycard in my hand, but both hands were full carrying items I had purchased that day. I was dropped off at the main entrance only to be greeted by a posted message that you can't come in thru the "front" door...you have to use a side door. Fortunately there was a clerk standing up front by the door and I showed her my key and said I room here can you let me in. She replied "well...you're suppose to use your keycard on the side doors but I'll let you in this time, but next time use the doors around the side of the building." I was staying at super8 for several days, paid for my room in advance and don't even have the privilege of coming in the front entrance? Plus, I'm an older single woman, returning alone in the late evening, why would I want to use a "side" door to get to my room. I WANT the security of accessing my room via the front door to this motel so someone sees that I did get in safely. Never again will I stay at Dalesville Super 8.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Also consider these accommodations in or near Daleville
Howard Johnson Inn Daleville/Roanoke North
#2 of 5 in Troutville
Super 8 Roanoke VA
Super 8 Roanoke VA
#31 of 40 in Roanoke

Been to Super 8 Daleville/Roanoke? Share your experiences!