The roadside coupons steered me right this time, as did the recommendation from the gas station clerk next door. The property was attractively landscaped and appealing on the outside, both from the road and from within. The desk clerk was exceptionally friendly and efficient. He asked if I wanted poolside, but I stated that I wanted to park at my door. He gave me a room at the corner of the building that qualified as both.
I also noticed that he took care of another guest’s problems quickly. The customer in front of me declared their room unsuitable for some reason. He took his master list and key, met the customer, and went with the customer to another room to make sure the new one was satisfactory.
My room was great from the start. The décor was dark, but the lighting was sufficient to overcome that. Everything in the room was clean, working properly and well maintained. The wireless connection was strong all evening. The micro-fridge was very useful and appreciated. The pool, while not Olympic sized, was big enough for exercise with the rope removed. It was clean, slightly cool, but still comfortable.
The Appalachian Trail crosses US-220 about 100 yards to the north, making this the closest motel to the trail in this town. Depending on the luck of the draw, there might be a few hikers about. There was one present on the night I was there, and he shared some good stories about his trail journey to date. I found that to be a very entertaining encounter.
Breakfast was hot and plentiful. There were eggs, waffles, country gravy, and the usual assortment of juices, coffees, cereals, and pastries. I spilled something and turned to my right to find some napkins to clean it up. When I turned back, a staff member had come behind me and already taken care of it. The staff member kept everything else clean and stocked as well.
The business center was one desktop computer on a small table next to the front desk. It worked well enough for me to print a short document quickly, during an equally quick and easy check out.
This turned out to be an outstanding motel. It was reasonably priced and I would recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Free deluxe continental. In-room microfridges, hair dryers, irons, coffee makers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Howard Johnson Inn Daleville/Roanoke North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Inn Daleville / Salem Hotel Daleville
- Howard Johnson Daleville
- Howard Johnson Hotel Daleville
- Daleville Howard Johnson