“The place to stay in Damascus”
Review of River Trail Cabins

River Trail Cabins
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Damascus
River Trail Cabins
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Recently, my husband and I had the pleasure of spending a night in these gorgeous cabins on the banks of the river. The cabins have a great view of the Laurel Creek. The convenient location of these cabins to the trail is a real plus.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank buckeyeblazer

Reviewed 8 October 2011

Stayed at these cabins 4 times. small,quaint perfect for a romantic little weekend with the sound of the creek. We enjoy staying on our anniversary. We start out Saturday morning taking a bike ride along the trail, have lunch in town and ride back to the cabin,after a nice bike ride,jaccuzi time, dinner in town and then back to the cabin for a glass I mean bottle of wine I need say no more. lol. I also like the fact I can get up in the morning and fix a healthy quick breakfast and have my coffee.I feel very relaxed when I leave without the guilt of drinking and eating bad because of our bike ride.hehe We are going again next week

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cindy D
Reviewed 25 September 2011

We were traveling with another family. Each rented a cabin. Ours was spacious and comfortable for two. We loved the back porch which overlooked Laurel Creek and the Virginia Creeper Trail. We could ride straight out. Although the cabins front on a relatively developed area once you walk in it is very quiet and the view out the back makes you feel like you are very remote. It is extremely conveneient to the coffee shops and town, no more than a mile easy walk.

The cabins are very clean and neat. I think the family of four felt a little crowded in their cabin and the kids had to share a pullout sofa which was not comfortable. In our room the bed was very soft and sort of caved in towards the middle, not comfy. The hot tub is located in the room and to use it would have made it very muggy and not pleasant so we did not try it. The kitchen is complete and well equipped for a weekend stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 September 2011

I spent a weekly here in early September with my boyfriend. We loved the place. It's very close to Damascus (not far to food, coffee shop; grocery store literally a 1-minute walk away), but when you're in the cabin it feels like you're in the mountains. The back porch, with a swing and rocking chairs, lets you hear the water, see people on the Creeper trail, but it's very private. We made use of the jucuzzi tub, which was also a nice touch. I cooked in the kitchen area (note: the stove does get too hot inside).
The cabin was really nice with nice touches by the owners (like leaving fluffy towels by the tub). We enjoyed going into Damascus and Abington, and then being able to "come home" at the end of the day. I definitely recommend this place. I did find it a little strange that, when I called to book it, I just gave someone my credit card info over the phone and that was it - no receipt or anything. But that all worked out fine.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Damascus
The Martha Washington Inn and Spa
Millsap-Baker Estate
Millsap-Baker Estate
#5 of 5 in Damascus
Mountain Laurel Inn
Mountain Laurel Inn
#2 of 5 in Damascus

Been to River Trail Cabins? Share your experiences!