“Great staff and food!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Damascus
Damascus Old Mill Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Damascus B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Great staff and food!”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

A group of us biking the Creeper Trail stayed at the Old Mill Inn the last weekend in October. The staff under the management of Stuart Wright has completely made the hotel enjoyable again since the last time we stayed there. Mr. Wright went way out of his way to make our stay for our group the best ever. The food was excellent and the rooms were first class. We even attended the Halloween party that was held on Saturday night. I have stayed at the Old Mill Inn over 8 times and I am glade we are back to the people friendly management again.
S Wilkie Hendersonville, NC

Room Tip: If your budget allows, make sure you stay in a room overlooking the spillway. The most serine and tr...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Stephen W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Quakertown, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 16 November 2013

The Damascus Old Mill Inn is the cutest place, ever. It was the perfect place for my husband and my honeymoon. We booked the Honeymoon Suite, which is a third floor room with a balcony overlooking the waterfall. The room was spotless and beautiful. I can’t put into words how peaceful it was. The manager, staff, and Damascus residents were so friendly and pleasant. They treated us like we were the only people in the world. We felt like royalty. I travel a lot for work, and consider this the best place I have ever stayed. I recommend it to anyone looking for a quiet, secluded spot to escape life.
Originally, we were looking for a place to stay near the Bristol Motor Speedway for the NASCAR race. Most of the hotels close to the track were so expensive. What a stroke of luck when I stumbled across this gem of a getaway. The price to stay here was almost half the price of the hotels closer to the track. The drive to the track was only 40 minutes and traffic-free. I think we passed less than 20 cars during the entire trip to the track.
Thank you, Stu, for making my honeymoon a perfect memory. I can’t wait to go back to celebrate our anniversary.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michelle F
Trimble, Missouri
Reviewed 23 October 2013

When I am in this area I always stay at the Damascus Old Mill. The area is great for outdoor activities. The historic old mill, pond and waterfall are a real plus. The restaurant has a good varied menu. The Mill management bends over backwards for its guests. The last time I stayed there they had a top quality band playing in the bar. An older guest complained about the band being too loud at 9 pm and the management shut down the bar to accommodate him. The Inn is more like a family bed and breakfast than a hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
gallatin,tennessee
Reviewed 18 October 2013

My husband travels with contract work and I am retired so I go with him. Hotels are very important as I usually just hang out while he is working and entertain myself with whatever . Sometimes I just rest in the hotel. We stayed three nights Oct 14-16 at the Damascus Old MIll.
The staff was wonderful; made you feel as though you were family. Breakfast is served as part of the room cost. Really good variety of food and served on real plates with real silverware. Nice dining room with a rustic elegance. The Restaurant is excellent and reasonable for lunch and dinner. The Water running through the back of the Mill was so beautiful and the fall colors just beginning to come out reflected on the water. There was a view everywhere from the back deck. Music in the bar on Wed night was excellent and such a fun and friendly crowd. Room was comfortable, very clean and nicely decorated. Walked right to town when I wanted. Just an all around relaxing and fun stay. Certainly will return.!!!

Room Tip: Thequere are only twelve rooms and some with water view. Also have ajoining rooms for larger groups...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pillford
WNY
Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here one night, nicely appointed rooms and newly done.
However it is a bar and restaurant and they had live music. The sound filtered up to our water view room and some parties continued out on the deck. Music ended during the week early however bar stays open till midnight on weekends. Just so you know.
After party ended it was very quiet.
Food was ok, and plentiful

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Damascus Va
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We used to got the Damascus Old Mill because the food was good and the prices reasonable but the last time my family went there the food was awful and my husband got sick off the fish. They had also changed the breading on their seafood to tempera and it was burnt. I was all willing to give them the benefit of the doubt but when we called to say my husband had got sick off the fish they made the comment well no body else did like we were lying so needless to say that sealed us never going back again, poor customer service to treat customers that were coming weekly.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Graham, NC
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We took a spur of the moment trip for our 29th wedding anniversary to Damascus the weekend of September 6 - 8, 2013. Upon calling the Damascus Old Mill and speaking with Stuart - we felt we had been reacquainted with an old friend. Stuart was able to accommodate us and even offered to help us with getting bike reservations for the Creeper Trail the next morning. Breakfast at the Inn was good and plentiful. The waterfall and the ducks were fun to watch. There was even a wedding going on while we were there. I highly recommend the Damascus Old Mill Inn and the Virginia Creeper Trail - would love to do it all over again. Don't miss Backbone Rock in the area, a beautiful rock formation that is breath-taking. The Creeper Trail is easy to do - 15 of the 17 miles you are coasting - the other two pedaling. We weren't even tired! All in all, this trip will be one of our most memorable weekend trips.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Damascus
The Martha Washington Inn and Spa
#3 of 10 in Abingdon
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#4 of 10 in Abingdon

Been to Damascus Old Mill Inn? Share your experiences!