“Tasty Food and Comfy Rooms”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Damascus
Damascus Old Mill Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Damascus B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Whittier, North Carolina
“Tasty Food and Comfy Rooms”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

The Old Mill is not on the main drag in Damascus, but about a block from main street which makes this place very quite but perfectly within walking distance of everything in Damascus. One of the owners, Stuart, is a really kind and helpful person and I enjoyed dealing with him. The Old Mill also has a pretty amazing breakfast and very clean and comfortable beds.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Megan P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Bristol, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 24 November 2013

My company had our Company Christmas party at the Damascus Old Mill Inn this year and we were astounded by the great service by Stuart and his staff. We had a banquet in a private room that was decorated beautifully for Christmas. The food was top rate. Well prepared, well presented and served so elegantly. The rooms were beautifully decorated and very comfortable. The scenery was so pleasant and relaxing. I would recommend this place for anyone looking for great service and beautiful relaxing atmosphere. We will definitely do this again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Deborah W
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Great weekend of biking the Creeper and attending costume gala at OMI. OMI has the feel of a good B&B. Rooms were clean, food and entertainment solid. The service by Stewart (GM) and the staff second to none in my experience. Will do this again...

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Hendersonville, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 November 2013

A group of us biking the Creeper Trail stayed at the Old Mill Inn the last weekend in October. The staff under the management of Stuart Wright has completely made the hotel enjoyable again since the last time we stayed there. Mr. Wright went way out of his way to make our stay for our group the best ever. The food was excellent and the rooms were first class. We even attended the Halloween party that was held on Saturday night. I have stayed at the Old Mill Inn over 8 times and I am glade we are back to the people friendly management again.
S Wilkie Hendersonville, NC

Room Tip: If your budget allows, make sure you stay in a room overlooking the spillway. The most serine and tr...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Stephen W
Quakertown, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 16 November 2013

The Damascus Old Mill Inn is the cutest place, ever. It was the perfect place for my husband and my honeymoon. We booked the Honeymoon Suite, which is a third floor room with a balcony overlooking the waterfall. The room was spotless and beautiful. I can’t put into words how peaceful it was. The manager, staff, and Damascus residents were so friendly and pleasant. They treated us like we were the only people in the world. We felt like royalty. I travel a lot for work, and consider this the best place I have ever stayed. I recommend it to anyone looking for a quiet, secluded spot to escape life.
Originally, we were looking for a place to stay near the Bristol Motor Speedway for the NASCAR race. Most of the hotels close to the track were so expensive. What a stroke of luck when I stumbled across this gem of a getaway. The price to stay here was almost half the price of the hotels closer to the track. The drive to the track was only 40 minutes and traffic-free. I think we passed less than 20 cars during the entire trip to the track.
Thank you, Stu, for making my honeymoon a perfect memory. I can’t wait to go back to celebrate our anniversary.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michelle F
Trimble, Missouri
Reviewed 23 October 2013

When I am in this area I always stay at the Damascus Old Mill. The area is great for outdoor activities. The historic old mill, pond and waterfall are a real plus. The restaurant has a good varied menu. The Mill management bends over backwards for its guests. The last time I stayed there they had a top quality band playing in the bar. An older guest complained about the band being too loud at 9 pm and the management shut down the bar to accommodate him. The Inn is more like a family bed and breakfast than a hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
gallatin,tennessee
Reviewed 18 October 2013

My husband travels with contract work and I am retired so I go with him. Hotels are very important as I usually just hang out while he is working and entertain myself with whatever . Sometimes I just rest in the hotel. We stayed three nights Oct 14-16 at the Damascus Old MIll.
The staff was wonderful; made you feel as though you were family. Breakfast is served as part of the room cost. Really good variety of food and served on real plates with real silverware. Nice dining room with a rustic elegance. The Restaurant is excellent and reasonable for lunch and dinner. The Water running through the back of the Mill was so beautiful and the fall colors just beginning to come out reflected on the water. There was a view everywhere from the back deck. Music in the bar on Wed night was excellent and such a fun and friendly crowd. Room was comfortable, very clean and nicely decorated. Walked right to town when I wanted. Just an all around relaxing and fun stay. Certainly will return.!!!

Room Tip: Thequere are only twelve rooms and some with water view. Also have ajoining rooms for larger groups...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pillford
Also consider these accommodations in or near Damascus
The Martha Washington Inn and Spa
#3 of 10 in Abingdon
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#4 of 10 in Abingdon

Been to Damascus Old Mill Inn? Share your experiences!