“AWESOMENESS!!!!!!!!”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“AWESOMENESS!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

WOW.... JUST WOW!!! Adam knows his stuff and is really fun to talk to, what an incredible story!!! The craft of beer making at its best!! You walk into the Brewery greeted by the big shinny (Brew Kettle??) and the the sipping bar. The beers are changed around and made with lots of care, love and happiness! It is a place to truly enjoy a great beer and have fun... BRING YOUR FRIENDS !!!!
This is now on my list of take company!!!

Visited April 2014
2 Thank LifesATripSmile

Kingsport, Tennessee, United States
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Fun stop with the hubby!”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

My husband and I spent the day riding the VA Creeper. (See my previous review) He is a beer lover, so was excited to stop and see what they had to offer at the Damascus Brewery. (I don't care for it myself, but hey!) It is a small place, but really cute inside. They are only open 6-9, so we lucked out time wise. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful. My husband said the wheat and IPA were both great. The owner was friendly and informative. He recommended JJ's Restaurant and Sports Bar for dinner. It was great! (see my other review) I have a feeling we will be stopping here every time we come to the Creeper from now on. Even for a non-beer lover, it was a fun place to visit.

Visited November 2013
Greenville, North Carolina
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Delicious beer, fun local experience”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

My sister and I were up in Damascus doing the Virginia Creeper Trail and heard about this newly opened local brewery and decided to check it out. We are SO glad we did. It is housed in a warehouse-like shed, but still clean, spacious, and modern. They are only open from 6-9, so be aware of the hours, and come at the earlier end, because they run out! We both had Sweet Beaver (hefeweizen with a citrus twist) and Amberdelic (tasty amber ale) and really liked them both.

The atmosphere was so relaxed and so friendly. We sat at the bar for a while and talked to some local folks about beer. We sat out on the picnic tables and talked to local folks about the area and what they do around here. We met some travelers who had hiked the Appalachian Trail and got to hear their story. We got advice of other parks to see and places to hike. We even got to meet Adam, the owner and brewer, who was so nice and welcoming and seemed truly appreciative that we were there. They are pet friendly, so there were also some fun dogs running around, providing entertainment. We talked to one local girl who said that the 85% of the people there were locals, and the rest were visitors --- she said it's a new local favorite. It's easy to see why! We were just hoping for a good beer. We didn't know we would also meet interesting friendly people and have great conversations! And the beer wasn't just good, it was great. This is a must for Damascus. I want to talk it up, but I hope that even if it gets more popular with tourists that it will always maintains it's local charm! If we are ever back in the area, we will definitely be back.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Letsgosomewherecool
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“In a Pole Shed”
Reviewed 7 June 2013

This brewery just opened recently in a shed in Damascus. The brewer has great beers in a great atmosphere. Locals come to hang out, tourists come to sample the beer. IPA was a major hit, make sure to try a glass. Each beer is $4 and there is 4-5 different beers on tap. The brewer will even give you a tour around the shed if you just ask. A cool little place.

Visited June 2013