“So happy we rented from TBS!”
Review of The Bike Station

The Bike Station
Ranked #7 of 9 things to do in Damascus
More attraction details
Owner description: The Bike Station is located in beautiful, southwest Virginia, in the town of Damascus. We are the premier bike rental and bike shuttle service for the Virginia Creeper Trail. For your riding pleasure, our bike rental fleet is comprised of many types of bikes ranging from mountain bikes to leisure path cruisers and comfort bikes, as well as tandems. All of our bikes are expertly maintained and include gel seats, riser handlebars and frame sizes from 14-inch to 21-inch. We have what it takes to meet the needs of every rider visiting the Virginia Creeper Trail. Whether this is your first time visiting us to ride the Virginia Creeper or if you're a repeat customer, our goal is to make your ride an unforgettable experience. We now have six shuttle vans to better serve visitors to Damascus.
Hillsborough, North Carolina
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“So happy we rented from TBS!”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Thanks to Lisa & Bob, we had a great experience with TBS! Due to lack of phone service, we weren't able cancel our original reservation or rebook. When we showed up unannounced 2 days later, we had no hassle - rented 3 bikes and enjoyed our ride on the Virginia Creeper Trail. Great service!

Visited August 2014
1 Thank MaryTowell

North Carolina
81 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 153 helpful votes
“Great service; nice employees”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

The Virginia Creeper Trail has been on my bucket list for years. Yesterday I finally got to experience the physical and emotional delight of riding a bike down 17 miles of trail. I rented from this outfit. They gave me a great bike and made sure it fit me well. $24 for bike rental, helmet, and ride to the top of the mountain. The folks were pleasant and professional. I asked the man (owner?) if they had a frequent renter card. They do not. They should jump on that and become the first outfitter in town to print one up...When I return, I plan on renting from them again.

Visited August 2014
2 Thank Noel78
Daleville, Virginia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Very helpful & the only place we use now”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My husband and I ride the Creeper Trail regularly. We have our own bikes, but Steve always lets us park at his shop. We initially started in Damascus and rode up hill to White Top Station, with the intent to ride all of the way to Abingdon. The Bike Station was going to pick us up. After going through a hail storm, we ended up to get our car. Steve Mann didn't charge us to park there, told us we could park there anytime. We used the restroom to clean up, bought a couple of t-shirts and when we bring a group back in a month, we will rent from them! Awesome people!!

Visited June 2014
3 Thank Chris M
Virginia
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I started off by comparing the shuttle services in Damascus, Va and called these fine people. The lady that answered the phone was very informative, not just about their services but about the Va Creeper Trail, Damascus and eateries. They shuttled 5 of us, we had our own bikes, to Whitetop Mountain and even dropped up off at the campgrounds that's at the top of the mountain. Very reasonable prices, very nice people. I plan on using this shuttle service when I come back to do the upper Creeper Trail!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank granniemoma_bird
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Good Outfitter for the VA Creeper”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I took a trip to Damascus with a group to ride the Virginia Creeper. We rented our bicycles from bike station they shuttled us to white top gave instructions and took care of us. Our trip was filled with breathtaking scenery, lot of places to stop by and smell the roses. We had a great day trip and I would recommend Bike Station for bike rentals.

2 Thank Rocknroller0987