“Yankees Have Southern Charm!!!!”
Review of The II Georges Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Danville
The II Georges Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Danville B&B and Inns
Las Vegas
“Yankees Have Southern Charm!!!!”
Reviewed 9 May 2008

My boyfriend and I were recently traveling through Va. and we decided to stay in Danville at The Two Georges Inn. Their website hooked us with the gourmet breakfast and the beautiful rooms. Not only was everything as it was supposed to be, but very much MORE so! Connie and Jake are very warm and gracious proprietors, making us feel right at home. The breakfast was unlike anything we had ever had(be advised you might need a nap afterward) and were really sorry we did not have time for a dinner. Jake is a self-taught chef and can stand up there with the best of them! Between him, and his wife Connie, we had a great time staying at their beautiful B&B. I highly recommend them if you are ever in the Danville area(lots of neat Civil War stuff and great scenery). Thank you Connie and Jake...we will return!!!!

Stayed April 2008

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
las vegas,nv.
Reviewed 7 May 2008

This bed and breadfast has been beautifully restored to its past Victorian granduer by owners Jake and Connie Eckman. We stayed for four days and could not have been happier. The beautiful rooms were only surpassed by the wonderful breakfasts prepared by Jake. Their signature bacon wrapped polenta with poached egg was especially yummy. In additon they also serve a wonderful apple soup with greek yogurt and a scrumptuous granola parfait. The B+B is centrally located to area scenic sites such as the Virginia International Raceway (or VIR as it's known for locally). Jake and Connie were very sociable and hospitable. We will definitely stay there the next time we are in the area.

• Liked — the comfortable bed and the food
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
Roxboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 April 2008

This beautiful, Victorian mansion has been restored and features some of the most beautiful decorative touches anywhere to be found.
The room we stayed in adjoined the music room and was extrememly comfortable, well ventilated and very cozy for those three cool and rainy days. This B&B is located right off Main St. and sits in a very convenient location close to downtown and newer shopping malls.
We were asked to select a morning breakfast time and usually chose 10 am. Each morning, Connie and Jake, would wheel in a beautiful 3 course breakfast/brunch with excellent fresh coffee, tea and juices. They prepare and cook everything two rooms over in their kitchen and you can get whiffs of all the good stuff cooking. If you like fresh, melt in your mouth scones, poached and coddled eggs, homemade sausage, polenta wrapped in thick bacon with poached eggs and a gruyere cheese sauce, fresh banana waffles, fresh fruit, and excellent china and antique silverware then book a room here. The Fresh Gala Apple soup with nutmeg and a dollop of Greek yogurt is drop-dead delicious.
I'm not kidding.....there is no other place even close to this operation in our area and it would be a standout anywhere.
I am a food writer and chef myself and this is THE place to stay in Danville.

Stayed December 2007
Chapel Hill, NC
Reviewed 1 March 2008

My wife and I stayed for a weekend and the owners/caretakers and the house were the best. The three course breakfast was prepared very well and was delicious. They had many cool services, like they turned the beds down before we went to bed and placed on the bed 2 cookies on a plate with a little piece of paper with a great little quote. Yum! Very cool! Afternoon tea was very well laid out and the owners were great to talk to. They wanted to make sure we had all the privacy we wanted, so we had to invite them to sit with us, which once they did, we all hit it off and enjoyed talking for some time.
There are so many other cool Victorian styled homes in the same and adjoining streets and it took us half a day to see them all.
My wife and I have stayed at many B&B's and this was the best. I hope I'm not overdoing this, but it was truly a great place. This is not the Ritz Carlton, but a great 100+ year old Victorian home that has been well renovated so that it it clean, with modern amenities, but still retaining much of it's classic character from the past.

• Liked — The owners
  • Disliked — The hisyory
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled as a couple
Woodinville, WA
Reviewed 22 February 2008

My husband had family business outside of Danville and we were very unfamiliar with the area. I was looking for a nice place that we could stay and I could feel "looked after" while my husband was out with our rental car for the most of two days. We made our reservation based on the website and phone conversation with Connie Eckman who runs the inn with her husband Jake. They were very accommodating of our schedules and travel situation.

We were absolutely blown away by the beautiful house and incredible service by the Eckmans. I could go on and on about each meal, but suffice it to say every meal and snack has been amazing. From the wine & cheese when we arrived - very welcome after a 4-hour drive from DC - to our bedtime snack of cookies and sherry left in our room - to waking up to creme brulee French toast and maple sausage we have not wanted for ANYTHING*.

Guest facilities include a games room which doubles as a quiet sitting room and a music room with an antique grand piano. The general feeling of the house is truly "make yourself at home" and we appreciated the small refrigerator with water and sodas available to us.

The house is located adjacent to the historic Danville Millionaire's Row and is literally around the corner from the Danville Arts Museum which is also the Last Capital of the Confederacy. Definately a great place to walk around and brush up on your civil war history.

Paul and I stayed in "June's Room" a feminine room furnished in period antiques and sparing no detail. (Description and pictures are on the website.) The crystal sherry decanter & glasses on the nightstand are lovely and welcome. The specialty toiletries in the adjoining bathroom are a nice touch. I was happy to tuck into a warm fluffy robe after a great, hot shower that I didn't have to do backbends to stand under. (I am 5'9".) The wallpaper is the most lovely celery green with roses and lilacs, my favorites. The LCD screen TV is obviously a modern addition but is a nice amenity to have. The wi-fi has been infallible and has no additional fee, unlike many hotels we have stayed in.

Anything else I could say - and I could say more - would only serve to make my point that I highly recommend this B & B. The Eckmans obviously love what they do and it comes across in every detail. I couldn't have felt more "looked after" if I was with family.

(*The stay at The II Georges includes a multi-course breakfast and snacks - other meals afternoon tea, lunch and dinner are by reservation and cost additional. I found sample menus on the website and arranged for meals prior to our arrival.)

• Liked — Impeccable service
  • Disliked — Would have liked more to do in walking distance. (But still recommend HIGHLY!)
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple