“Clean, comfortable, Nice Folks and Reasonable!”

Innkeeper - Danville West
Innkeeper - Danville West
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Danville
Reviewed 14 June 2014

It's not the newest (non-hd tv), but the rooms have been updated recently other than that. Pool looked clean. Bathrrom was clean. plenty of hot water. Typical continental breakfast. I was traveling with my 16 year old son, one of his 17 year-old football teammates and a 15 year-old teammate. It was perfect for this type of trip. After tax, I got two, non-smoking rooms with two double beds (no one on this trip weighed less than 210) for $131. I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Innkeeper - Danville West

Reviewed 2 January 2014

I would not go to this hotel ever again. I stayed there for 2 hours. Couldn't take it after that. Our room was a king with a jaccuzi that did not work. The towel I pulled down to dry off with after settling on a shower was full of hair. Just nasty. Then when I go to complain all they want to offer is a discount if I take another room and stay the rest of the night. No thanks... I was ready to go home and shower again to remove the nasty from my body. Also the bed was in bad shape the springs where coming up through the mattress. The floor looked like no one ever heard of a vaccum before. Would never give it a one star rating and will never stay here ever again!!

Room Tip: Dont go here if you want a good room spend a few dollars more and try one of the hotels down the str...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda M
Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for race weekend last weekend. It is an easy commute to the Martinsville Speedway of about 30 minutes and is located near decent restaurants, but that's where the strong points start to dim. Our room was ok, older hotel, with a clean King bed, refrigerator and microwave. No hair dryer which is pretty much something I expect so much so that I no longer pack one. I was surprised to find a jacuzzi bathtub; but it didn't work. We were disappointed with only having three smaller than standard size pillows to share on a King size bed. In addition, the room had spiders. Not the best, it served its purpose of a place to stay-that's about all.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Where most of the other motels in the area (even the normally "cheap" brands) are in the $60-100+ per night range, this one is a real bargain, with a "$45.99" banner visible from the road. Total with taxes was right at $52.

The room was easily as nice as ones I've paid over $60/night for. My room was very clean, and I didn't have any problems with pests. The bed and towels were clean, and I got a good night's rest. Everything worked fine- TV, wi-fi (no password), hot water. This room also had a mini-fridge and microwave, and an alarm clock. I was able to park right outside my room both nights, and had a nice stay.

This motel is also right on the main commercial strip with all the fast food and other restaurants convenient; McDonald's was right next door, and Hardee's across the street. It is also convenient to the bowling alley, movie theater, and within short driving distance of the main mall/shopping center area just to the north.

They also have a free breakfast in the morning, with a decent variety of bagels/donuts/coffee.

If I ever need to stay over again in Danville, this is the place to go, I tried the others on the phone, and this is by far the best deal.

Room Tip: Ask if they have a bottom-level room; unless you're here in the 'busy' season, they shou...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank htomc42
Reviewed 25 November 2012

Me and my husband stayed there for couple nights. Our room wasn't clean at all. There was dust everywhere and breakfast was terrible. It got worse the second day when I spotted American roaches in our room. I went to s front desk to notify them but older lady didn't seem to be concerned about it. She moved us to another room and told me that cockroach can be found anywhere and that she can't promise me there is no more. She was very ironic and not helpful at all. I spotted dome more in our new room plus spider infestation. It was the worse hotel experience. Don't recommend anybody!

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank mabelline21
Reviewed 7 October 2012

Traveling for business heading back to Florida, needed to find a stopping point. Weary about $44.99 price point after spending most of our nights in the $100's, we knew it would just be one night. The afternoon desk clerk was so friendly and helpful not just checking us in but giving us some ideas on dinner. We opened door to room to find it clean, and somewhat charming considering we stayed at a Springhilll Suites which decor is way to modern and icy. Clean bathrooms, nice comfy bed, decent decor, and the staff is friendly. Internet and some other amenities which we didn't have time to utilize is available. Take the chance you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 August 2012

i normally stay at one the bigger chain hotels and in fact have their CC. When i went to book a room on a Saturday night and they wanted $159 a night for Danville i laughed and looked somewhere else. saw the reviews on here and decided to stay here and used the coupon code from the rest stops to get the $44.95 a night. total bill was $50 with tax. can't beat that. room was very spacious and did have a full size bed. good for one person. if you are traveling with more than yourself, pay a little more for the queen/king. would definately stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo