“Good price, not fancy” 3 of 5 bubbles

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Danville
“Good price, not fancy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

We like staying here as its close to the mall which stays open until 9 pm. Not really that much to do in danville so that goes a long way. Area is very safe and we liked the view on the even room side. Very convenient location. I like the beds and my wife likes the fridge and microwave. Wish the entire hotel was non smoking. We can't figure out why the free breakfast is not cooked fresh and served in the nice restaurant that is just on the other side of the really poor and small breakfast area. The bathrooms are a bit dated and my wife does not like the shower, kit insert. I would recommend for price, view, and room size. But, it's dated and is about two more years away from becoming very yucky. Time for a remodel.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Richmond, VA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a wedding in Danville. I paid higher than the wedding rate to guarantee that I had a non-smoking king room. It was crap! When my husband and I got off the elevator we were hit with smoke- the front desk person said it must have been someone smoking in the hallway. Our room stunk too, again must have been a person in the hallway. We changed and went to the wedding. Returned around midnight- still stunk. I was up most if the night sneezing and coughing. When I checked out I complained as I could tell a sinus infection was beginning, I get them easily, hence the non smoking room. I told her it seemed to be coming through the vent. That was when I was told that my floor was half and half and that yes second hand smoke can and does go into the non smoking rooms! So my non smoking room turned out to be a second hand smoking room. She told me i should have asked to be on the 4th floor where there was no smoking at all. Thanks for telling me that at check out rather than check in, upon my complaint or even when I booked! I wrote the manager complaining- one month later still awaiting a response.....

• Stayed May 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

Got two rooms for a weekend for grandson's graduation. As usual booking was a snap and all requests for rooms and amenities were made. Suite rooms on the top floor, so great view. The rooms were clean, cleaning staff attentive and accommodating as we arrived slightly early. Also, as usual breakfasts were nicely done, with adequate choice of foods. The hotel is next door to nearly all shopping and restaurant facilities one would want. Parking area and front entrance are kept clean.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
taylorsville nc
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

Got a room last minute during race weekend at Martinsville. Very clean rooms and wonderful service . Everyone was friendly and very helpful. Close to shopping and nice restaurants. The breakfast was very good with very friendly staff. Would return again just because it is a easy 35 minute drive to race track.

Room Tip: stayed on 6th floor...no balcony like lower rooms, but nice view of Danville.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Stratford NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013 via mobile

Visiting for the weekend and chose this hotel to earn points but it was not a mistake. The breakfast was great and so was the coffee. We had a big rig truck and probably not the best place because it's hard to park and if the restaurant was open we would of never had room. We called ahead of time and we're told yes that they had parking for big rigs. Overall it's a nice place and it looks as though some remodeling had been done. Could use a facelift in the dining area. Only wowished the restaurant was open.

• Stayed March 2013
albany ny
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013

Very clean, great bed and sheets. Morning service front desk clerk was wonderful. The breakfast/was excellent and the attendant was friendly and helpful. I would return to this hotel. The town has lots of shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2013 via mobile

I had to be in Danville for business for three nights and used this hotel because it was the closest---next time ill drive farther to stay in a nicer hotel. I asked to be put in a quiet room, but was still given one facing the main road. Any times door closes in the building , it is felt and heard through the entire structure. The fixtures are old and nasty. The rug feels as though it was shampooed, but not all th water came up wouldn't even think of eating included breakfast

• Stayed March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Danville
BEST WESTERN Windsor Inn & Suites
#7 of 11 in Danville
Hampton Inn Eden
Hampton Inn Eden
#1 of 3 in Eden

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!