“Polite, clean, convenient”

Hampton Inn Danville
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Danville
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Staff was extremely responsive to needs and very personable. Rooms are clean and well kept. The location is within a few miles to downtown and nearby malls, restaurants. Breakfast was plentiful, and offered a great variety. Weekday evenings there are warm cookies and snacks available in the evenings. I'd definitely recommend and will stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Danville

Reviewed 13 July 2012

We are frequent travelers and try to always stay at Hampton Inns. We were in room 211 in this property. The room was clean, beds extremely comfortable, as expected, the carpet was pretty new looking, the breakfast well done, always with the understanding that apparently all Hamptons must serve the exact same food but hey, coffee quality, juice quality etc. do vary from place to place.

The staff was cheerful and friendly. This was our second stay here, and if we ever are in Danville again, we plan to return. However, previous comments about a weak wi if link seem to be accurate. We could access email and the Internet, but couldn't view YouTube videos. No big deal for us, though.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank sally700
Reviewed 22 June 2012

I had decided I would try Hampton Inns now that I'm in a different area of the country, but this may change my mind. I woke up to no less than 6 dead or dying bugs (beatle-like) on the floor in the room. There's no telling how many were on the rug that I couldn't see. I guess I will stay at the Holiday Inn across the street next time I'm in town.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 May 2012

We arrived to the hotel at night. The clerk wasn't very friendly and speaked very unclearly. All other staff members were nice.

The room was nice, big and clean. The bed was really big and comfortable. The bathroom door was strange, it opened towards wall and it was hard to go in. The shower and faucet were strange (as usually in USA) and difficult to use. The water was either too cold or too hot.

The breakfast was a little dissappointing but I don't know if that's a normal American breakfast as this was my first visit to USA. Almost everything was sweet which disgusts me in the morning. Also a weird thing (yet maybe normal in USA) was that the plates and cutlery were plastic and wrapped in plastic individually. That would never happen in Finland. Plastic knives are for street food. I don't like making so much rubbish.

The internet didn't work on our own computer for some reason but we used the computer in the lobby. Even printing was free.

We had two key cards and the other one didn't work though we changed it twice. The other one worked fine.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 May 2012

Hotel was not near any decent restaurants. Bandwidth was horrific, couldn't get any work done.
There was man and a young lady working on their laptops. Looked like they were running a business out of the hotel lobby.

Staff was polite and room was clean.
I have not stayed in any other hotels in Danville so I can't compare.
Next time I'll stop earlier or drive longer to another town.

Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 12 June 2011

I stay at Hampton Inns and Hilton Gardens all over the country virtually once a week for business travel and insist on them. I'm more than familiar with their quality, etc. and I can say that the Danville Hampton is below average. This one is old and needs refurbishment. The room smelled like someone smoked in it at some point in the past and some attempt was made to cover it up with Lysol. The place is just a little on the beat up side where we felt the need to wear slippers so as not to touch the carpet and also felt compelled to checked the mattress for bed bugs (didn't see any). We had a jacuzzi in our room but there was no way were going to use it. I wouldn't want to shine a UV light on that thing. The breakfast area is unusually small and crowded and we had to share a table with some other folks (who turned out to be delightful - but that's beside the point). In general, the place is not your usual Hampton.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bellknob
Reviewed 1 April 2011

I am writing this on behalf of my family who recently stayed at the Hampton Inn in Danville, Virginia. We highly recommend the Hampton Inn on Riverside Drive. The staff were very accommodating during a crucial time for the family of Thomas Hampton. Especially the General Manager, Chelsa and Alice who were very kind and supportive during our time of need. We found ALL the staff friendly and welcoming. Thank you so very much for making our stay a pleasant one.
God Bless,
Faye, Patricia and Mike, Audrey and Zach and Glenda

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Danville
Courtyard Danville
#9 of 11 in Danville
Hampton Inn Eden
Hampton Inn Eden
#1 of 3 in Eden

Been to Hampton Inn Danville? Share your experiences!