“Top class Hampton experience”

Hampton Inn Danville
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Danville
Manchester
“Top class Hampton experience”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

My first time at the Hampton in Danville.

My best experience staying in a Hampton so far, and that's saying something, as I am (generally) a big supporter of the brand (as those of you who may have read my other reports know).

What made this stay particularly was the positive and friendly impact from the staff. No question. They just get how that little extra here and there makes such a huge difference.. I messed up my reservation, ended up in a smoking room, no problem, we'll just change that.. They bought some extra snacks and drinks and left them out on the breakfast bar all day for us guests to have free.. Always a "hi" or a "good morning" and, importantly, "is everything OK"…

No doubt about it, they made the difference.

Other than that, it has all the Hampton things that you want in a Hampton. Easily accessible car parking, comfortable accommodations, free tasty breakfast etc.

If I was being picky, I would say that some refreshing of the decor of the rooms might help, especially when compared to more modern Hampton properties. But I bet things are in the works in the same way as things are for many Hampton properties.

The only other thing was that I wasn't on the greatest of rates as there was an event on locally. But that's just a fact of life sometimes.

Location-wise, if was fine for me, and there are enough facilities nearby if you need things like markets, fast food, gas etc.

I will definitely stay with these folks again when next in the area. I'm looking forward to the welcome.. :)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
drosa70, General Manager at Hampton Inn Danville, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. Your feedback is very important to us here at Hampton Inn Danville. Thank you for allowing us to accommodate you during your visit. Our goal is to make our hotel a great place where you are satisfied and well taken care of. I am glad that we were able to make the difference and be an impact through our service. Again, "Thank You" for staying with us and please come back and visit with us soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Owings Mills, United States
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Hotel has been around for a while. I have been staying here off and on for about 15 years. Hadn't been here for about 5 years. Staff is nice but the bathrooms need to be upgraded. Breakfast was fine and well organized. Hotel just needs a general upgrade. Not up to the standard of other Hampton Inns.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

drosa70, General Manager at Hampton Inn Danville, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
I hope all is well. Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the property. Your feedback is very important to us all. We have been upgrading and the bathrooms are definitely another project we have in the works. We appreciate your loyalty and we appreciate you choosing to stay with us while visiting Danville. Please know Guest Satisfaction is our number one priority, and we are working hard to make things better for our guests. We hope you will visit with us again soon! Thank you and have a great day!
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

In the area for business, I knew I could count on Hampton Inn for a consistent experience. The room was clean and comfortable. The property was well maintained and the staff was exceptionally friendly.

The morning of checkout, which is noon, housekeeping knocked on the door and immediately attempted to enter at 9:10 am. Fortunately I had the bolt on, as I was in the process of getting dressed. They seem to be a bit too eager.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
drosa70, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Danville, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. It is good to hear that you are able to count on us when you are in town on business. Our staff works very hard to be consistent in making sure our guest are satisfied and well taken care of here at Hampton Inn Danville. Friendly Service, Clean Rooms and Comfortable Surroundings is what makes us who we are. I apologize for the disturbance, and will be sure to communicate the following information with our Housekeeping Department. Guest Satisfaction is #1 priority, and the feedback from our guest is what helps us grow and improve. Again, "Thank You" for staying with us and I hope that you continue to make us your choice.
Texas City, Texas
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I appreciate that the Hampton was able to find me a room when the Best Western cancelled my reservations on the afternoon of my arrival on a race weekend. The staff was very nice, particularly the front desk staff who realized how unhappy I was given the situation. The king room was spacious with a small desk, reading chair, and foot rest. The room was very clean and the bathroom was nice and well equipped. The small square bed pillows were a bit odd but manageable since I was alone on this trip . The only problem that I had was that the wi-fi was slow. Breakfast was OK - "scrambled eggs" with ham, home fries, and bacon one day. "Scrambled eggs", "bagel toppers", and home fries the next. Also a basic selection of breads, cereals, and fresh fruit. The breakfast area offers very limited seating - only 3-4 small tables and a "bar" style area with high stools. Be alert that the front door has handles (it does not open automatically) so don't try to enter without a free hand. There is a business center but I did not try it. It is easy to find right on the main drag through Danville. I did not have any noise problems. There were cookies available in the lobby area when I checked in.

Room Tip: There is no ice machine on the second floor so, if you don't want to go upstairs or downstairs f...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
drosa70, General Manager at Hampton Inn Danville, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
I hope all is well. Thank you for taking the time to submit such a nice review. We are pleased that you were happy during your stay. My apologies for your original reservation not being available, but we are happy that you stayed with us instead (smiles). Thank you for the wonderful comments and thank you for acknowleding what we have to offer. Please come back to visit with us again soon! Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Superb staff always eager to please...large, spotless room, wonderful breakfast with a large variety of hot and cold dishes, 24-hour coffee, bottled water, and snacks, nice swimming pool, easy city and restaurant access: nothing to complain about!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
I hope all is well. Thank you for taking the time to write such an awesome review! Thank you for acknowledging the Team Members! It makes us feel great that you were satisfied. Guest Satisfaction is our number one priority, along with cleanliness and quality customer service. Please come back to visit with us again soon! Thank you and have a great day!
Reviewed 17 September 2013

As I drove beneath the canopy to unload, I noticed that the maintenance person was carefully cleaning smudges from the front doors and the entrance was immaculate. The cleanliness of the hotel is only one factor. Another is the staff who are extremely helpful about local restaurants,where to go for dry cleaning on short notice, location of any and everything I asked about--and they respond with a graciousness and smile that I truly appreciate. The room, although small, had every amenity I needed and then some. I even brought my printer with me as I am conducting some training. The hotel cart was so full that I had to make two trips to the room. On each occasion, I was asked by the front desk staff and the maintenance person if I needed assistance. The king-size bed I had requested was located exactly where I prefer--near the elevator, so I knew they had read my profile before my arrival! I did not request this under special instructions with the reservation!! The room has every available amenity. Very nice to be able to not only simply charge my cell phone on the bedstand but also be able to answer it and not have get up on to check it when it is located on a desk half way across the room. The decor of the room looks new, although I suspect it has been here at least a couple of years and someone is doing an exceptional job ensuring that the hotel is optimally maintained. I am looking forward to returning to this same Hampton Inn in the very near future.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
drosa70, General Manager at Hampton Inn Danville, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
I hope all is well. Thank you very much for such a wonderful review. Guest Satisfaction is our number one priority and we are happy to know you were pleased with your stay. Thank you for your kind words and how you acknowledged the Team Members. We do take pride in our jobs and we do our very best to keep the property well maintained. We are pleased to know that all of your preferences were met within your profile. Please come back to visit with us again soon! Thank you and have a great day!
Virginia Beach, United States
Reviewed 10 September 2013

My husband and I were celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary and traveled through Danville, VA on our way to Ashville, NC. We were pleased with the clean fresh room and enjoyed the 2 man whirlpool bathtub. The breakfast was wonderful especially the waffles fresh made with easy directions. We would highly recommend Hampton Inn for their great accommodations.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

drosa70, General Manager at Hampton Inn Danville, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
I hope all is well. Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. Your feedback is very important to us all. Guest Satisfaction is our number one priority. Congratulations on your 35th year of marriage! We thank you for your awesome scores and your kind words. Please come back to visit with us again soon. We wish you many more Blessed years to come! Thank you and have a great day!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Danville
Courtyard Danville
#8 of 11 in Danville
Hampton Inn Eden
Hampton Inn Eden
#1 of 3 in Eden

Been to Hampton Inn Danville? Share your experiences!