“Horrible Customer Service”

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Danville
Richmond, Virginia
“Horrible Customer Service”
Reviewed 20 December 2012

My husband and I booked this hotel because we were going to a funeral and needed a place to freshen up. We experienced the check in from hell! the Manager/owner Sharon Taylor was conceited, loud rude, confrontational, condescending, and unsympathetic. She offered us a dirty room, and complained about accommodating us because we booked through Hotels.com. I missed the funeral and Cooperate did nothing to compensate us! We wound up stay at the Best Western where our stay was remarkable. I have warned my family and friends and we will Never book this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa P
Sandra T, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 21 March 2013
The two individuals arrived at the hotel insisting they had a guaranteed 10:00 am arrival. Their reservation was booked with a third party vendor. I explained that the hotel was full and there was no room available since check out is not until 11:00 am. I also explained that no third party vendor has any connection to the hotel and cannot guarantee anything. There is no mention of the fact that I secured lodging for the couple at a nearby hotel, Best Western, and we paid for their accommodations at Best Western. We actually paid for an upgrade to a suite even though the reservation made at Sleep Inn & Suites was for a standard room. I also spoke with the agency who booked their original resevations and requested that the charge be refunded to the couple.

Although I made every effort to compensate the individuals for a mistake made by another agency, nothing would satisfy them. We were forced to call the police to escort the couple off the
property. It is my understanding the couple checked into the Best Western after leaving the Sleep Inn & Suites. They had told us the funeral they were to attend was scheduled for 1:00 pm and they left our hotel shortly after arrival, so any failure to make their destination cannot be
attributed to Sleep Inn & Suites.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Prospect Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 September 2012

The room was clean, bed comfortable. Pool and hot tub were great, fitness center good. Breakfast was very good, front desk staff was wonderful. We were celebrating a birthday and it was very enjoyable. It is right next to restaurants and grocery stores.

Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ohplease40
Reviewed 2 September 2012 via mobile

Very nice, clean and comfortable hotel. Front desk staff very pleasant and accommodating. Nice free breakfast. Good location, would definitely stay there again. Located right next to a shopping center and a couple of restaurants. Very convenient to the interstate.

• Stayed August 2012
Apex, North Carolina
Reviewed 20 November 2011

* This motel is S-P-O-T-L-E-S-S!
* The mattress is a K-I-L-L-E-R! Ya wanna sleep like a corpse? This is the mattress. You'll be out like a light pronto.
* Our room was drop-dead Q-U-I-E-T the three times we've stayed here.
* Front desk staff = great. The service was great because everything was done properly and we required no special service. [except for the internet.]
* Breakfast was probably boring to most. Fortunately, my great wife brought up the essentials for me: juice, fruit, coffee, and yogurt. Don't think there is anything to write home about, then again what are you paying for this convenience.
* Price? Fair. Choice Hotels guarantees the lowest internet rates.
* Location? As good as any one would suppose.

I have two gripes.
* The internet connection stinks.
* The TV is mounted on a wing of the desk which is incredibly . . . uh . . . er, STUPID. As I was using my computer my wife was watching the TV and the bloody sound was 2' from my ear. This is incredibly dumb!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Great staff, very clean, great price, pool and hot tub was very clean and open all the time.
Internet is very slow.

Room Tip: you need a cable to get good internet, but even then its slow and it wont do skype or live video.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
United States
Reviewed 8 May 2011

clean, comfortable, reasonable rates, located near shopping center and gas station,

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
GA
Reviewed 3 May 2011

Great manager Mr. Anthony, hotel was very clean.

Priceline stated a 3 star which is incorrect more like a 2 star but with great service.

If you are looking for a view this hotel has none its sits facing the woods. No pictures on the walls.

DONOT USE PRICELINE reason:

PRICELINE Charged Me $88.49,
HOTEL Charged PRICELINE $67.48,
HOTEL Normal PRICE $74.49

Priceline charged me $20.00 more than they paid and $10.00 more than the hotel usually charge.

Room Tip: Only use 3rd party after calling hotels yourself
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank SuperFord
Also consider these accommodations in or near Danville
Best Western Windsor Inn & Suites
#8 of 11 in Danville
Hampton Inn Eden
Hampton Inn Eden
#1 of 3 in Eden

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!