“Clean & Comfortable”

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Danville
Goldsboro, North Carolina
“Clean & Comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

I travel a good bit for my job and on vacations, and I’ve stayed in a lot of hotels. I average over 100 nights a year in hotels, and usually stay in Holiday Inn Express, Hampton Inn, or Courtyard by Marriott Hotels. While working near Danville, I decided to try the Sleep Inn to save a little money. The hotel is located on a four-lane divided highway just across from the airport in Danville. The hotel sits back a good distance from the highway, and I couldn’t hear any noise from the traffic or airplanes. I have stayed at this hotel twice now, and have been very pleased with both visits. Both rooms that I have stayed in were very clean and smelled good. The rooms had comfortable beds, clean sheets, flat-screen televisions, microwave ovens, refrigerators, and an assortment of pillows to choose from. The bathrooms were clean and the towels and wash cloths seemed fairly new. The hotel staff has been friendly and accommodating. The hotel’s free continental breakfast is very similar to the other hotel chains that I normally stay in. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank bkrieger
Sandra T, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel. We appreciate your taking time to review your stay
with us, and we certainly appreciate your business. Hope you will be back to see us again. Sandra Taylor, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

I have stayed at this hotel perhaps 10 or 12 times over the years. I recently spent two nights there while visiting relatives in the area. My experiences have always been very favorable. Much of what I have liked was still present, clean well-maintained rooms, friendly staff, and reasonable price. I do have two complaints, though. First, there was no treadmill in the exercise room. To some people, this may not be an issue at all. But it's very important to me to maintain my exercise routine while I'm away from home. It's important enough that I would have stayed elsewhere if I'd known there was no treadmill. Second, the shower head in the bathroom worked very poorly, putting out a very narrow stream of water. This seems like an easy fix. If these things are not issues for you, I'd highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Sandra T, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
Ufortunately there is an occasional
guest in hotels ranging from ecomomy to upscale brands who seems to enjoy vandalism. Our treadmill was the recipient of such an act,
The treadmill was removed for the safety of our guests until it can be repaired or replaced, and we have made every attempt to have the repair service done it a timely manner. There are several other types of exercise equipment available for use until the treadmill is returned.

It is our goal to maintain our hotel at the highest possible level of cleanliness, comfort, and convenience. We are happy to relocate a guest to another room if there is any issue with the room occupied, or we can repair or replace the item of concern if it is brought to our attention before checkout. Sometimes it is just a matter of being shown how an unfamiliar style works. Our showerheads have three settings which are adjustable as is the case for the showerhead in question. I regret that we were not aware of the situation cited in this review

We certainly appreciate the business given to us by every guest who chooses to stay with us
at the Sleep Inn & Suites, and I am sorry that the December stay did not measure up to past
experiences. We hope to have a future opportunity to exceed expectations.
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

We stay here all the time since we offen visit VIR and this is the closest hotel to the track. But we never had a problem and the front desk is always helpful. Rooms and bathrooms are comfortable and clean. Depending on the people staying in the hotel, "neighbors" can be loud and that is just the structure of the hotel. There is breakfast in the morning. There is a pool but we never used it before.

Room Tip: I am not sure if the 3rd floor is smoking or not but try to get a room up there, since no one will m...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Sandra T, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Thank you for taking time to offer feedback on your recent stay with us at the Sleep Inn & Suites.
Information from our guests gives us an opportunity to view our hotel and service from the
perspective of guests. We appreciate your business. Thank you.
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

Place was clean, quiet and inexpensive, everything we were looking for. Just spent 3 nights here
while attending club event at VIR. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The bed and pillows
were very comfortable and the free breakfast a nice bonus.

We have stayed at several places when we attend VIR events, but from now on we will be coming back to the Sleep Inn & Suites for all these events. Just can't praise them enough.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Sandra T, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at our Sleep Inn & Suites while in town for the VIR event. Our
proximity to the Virginia International Raceway brings us visitors from all over the United States,and we are always delighted to meet new guests and make new friends. We look forward to your return
Tucson, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

this hotel was the worst I've stayed in. The front desk was not helpful, from arrival to departure, they were rude and nasty. We met friends from DC here for the race in Martinsville. We requested adjoining rooms when we booked and were assured it wouldn't be an issue. Then, when we arrived, we were not adjoining, we were not even on the same floor. We wanted to visit, as did our kids, so we all piled in one room on the first floor and were then told we were being too loud. Our kids were not being unruly, but there was 8 of us crammed in a room meant for 4. We were phoned at 7pm, Saturday night, and asked to "Be quiet" , and before we could hang up the phone, the "lady" was at our door, pounding as though the building was on fire. We were told that if we didn't quiet down, she would call the police and have us thrown out. Trust me, if there had been any other options I would not have stayed there. DONT STAY HERE. I would have rather slept in the truck.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Sandra T, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
This is a confusing complaint. There is no record of the guest ever having stayed at the Sleep Inn & Suites in Danville, and the Martinsville NASCAR race was October 27, 2013, which is considerably later that the date given for the stay. I would like to be able to determine exactly what happened if this individual and family stayed at our hotel, but it is impossible to investigate
with the conflicting information given in the complaint.

Travellers are raving about these Danville hotels

Guntersville, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

We were 4 ladies on a road trip vacation to several locations and stayed here for one night. Thumbs up all the way on this stay. I have to say the desk clerk was so very nice and helpful. Our room was perfect. Clean and very roomy. The beds were very comfortable also. Thumbs up on the free breakfast served here. Fresh scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage gravy, biscuits, waffles, and all the other normal treats. If you are trying to decide on where to stay in Danville, Va you can't go wrong in selecting this hotel. We throughly enjoyed it.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Sandra T, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Thank you for taking time to review your stay at our hotel. We are pleased that you were
happy with the experience and appreciate your business very much.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

This hotel is just perfect for a reasonable place to stay on a road trip. We needed something close by to a relative's house for a family gathering. Beds and sheets were clean. Bug check showed absolutely nothing. Nothing fancy, but room was clean and quiet with fairly new furnishings. Mattress was comfortable. Non-smoking room smelled fresh. Frig/micro/coffee in room. Nice staff. We had no complaints.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms 324 and 224 that are close to the elevator machine room. It sounded loud from the corrid...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
We appreciate your taking time to provide feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. It is important for us to have information that enables us to view the perception of our guests
with regard to our hotel and our service. Thank you for your review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Danville
BEST WESTERN Windsor Inn & Suites
#8 of 11 in Danville
Hampton Inn Eden
Hampton Inn Eden
#1 of 3 in Eden

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!