“Nice hotel poor management”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Danville
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stayed here in May on a trip to move my son home from college. I made a two night reservation in advance, however we finished early and I went to check out at 8am on the second day and was charged for the second night. I was told they consider checking out early canceling the reservation and referred to their cancellation policy and that they were booked and someone else could have taken the room. There was no mention of this on the reservation confirmation or website when I made the reservation or when I checked in. When I called back later that day, I was told the hotel had no open rooms which leads me to believe that they rebooked the room and charged both me and the other party for the same room. I travel frequently for my job and have never experienced this from a Choice Hotel or other. I contacted the main Choice C/S office and they also said they have never heard of such a policy. In the end I disputed this charge through my credit card company and was credited after three months.

Room Tip: The Comfort Inn a few miles away is a much better choice.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Sandra T, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2015

Our Sleep Inn & Suites is an independently owned hotel and does have a cancellation and
early check policy. The information is clearly printed on the registration form above the signature
line. The notice is also posted at the check in desk.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We arrived from Texas for a corvette event at VIR. When we went to unload the car from the trailer it would not start and the owner happened to be on the premises and jumped the car and then provided a battery charger. NOW... That's looking out for your guests. When we got to the room it was very clean and cooled down which not all hotel chains do. Wifi is working great...looks like its going to be a great event and a wonderful place to stay. Thank you!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DMc030974
Sandra T, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

We appreciate your taking time to review your stay at our Sleep Inn & Suites. Our staff members are always pleased to hear about the positve feedback since it is our goal to provide the
best possible stay for each of our guests. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

They price matched another hotel that we were supposed to stay at but due to a mistake on our part did not. It was clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. We would stay again the bed was comfortably firm.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank miserysangel81

Thank you for the review of our Sleep Inn & Suites and for the positive comments related to
your stay with us. We appreciate the positive comments you have shared with other Trip Advisor
viewers. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

I travel a good bit for my job and on vacations, and I’ve stayed in a lot of hotels. I average over 100 nights a year in hotels, and usually stay in Holiday Inn Express, Hampton Inn, or Courtyard by Marriott Hotels. While working near Danville, I decided to try the Sleep Inn to save a little money. The hotel is located on a four-lane divided highway just across from the airport in Danville. The hotel sits back a good distance from the highway, and I couldn’t hear any noise from the traffic or airplanes. I have stayed at this hotel twice now, and have been very pleased with both visits. Both rooms that I have stayed in were very clean and smelled good. The rooms had comfortable beds, clean sheets, flat-screen televisions, microwave ovens, refrigerators, and an assortment of pillows to choose from. The bathrooms were clean and the towels and wash cloths seemed fairly new. The hotel staff has been friendly and accommodating. The hotel’s free continental breakfast is very similar to the other hotel chains that I normally stay in. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank bkrieger

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel. We appreciate your taking time to review your stay
with us, and we certainly appreciate your business. Hope you will be back to see us again. Sandra Taylor, GM

Reviewed 1 January 2014

I have stayed at this hotel perhaps 10 or 12 times over the years. I recently spent two nights there while visiting relatives in the area. My experiences have always been very favorable. Much of what I have liked was still present, clean well-maintained rooms, friendly staff, and reasonable price. I do have two complaints, though. First, there was no treadmill in the exercise room. To some people, this may not be an issue at all. But it's very important to me to maintain my exercise routine while I'm away from home. It's important enough that I would have stayed elsewhere if I'd known there was no treadmill. Second, the shower head in the bathroom worked very poorly, putting out a very narrow stream of water. This seems like an easy fix. If these things are not issues for you, I'd highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Sandra T, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

Ufortunately there is an occasional
guest in hotels ranging from ecomomy to upscale brands who seems to enjoy vandalism. Our treadmill was the recipient of such an act,
The treadmill was removed for the safety of our guests until it can be repaired or replaced, and we have made every attempt to have the repair service done it a timely manner. There are several other types of exercise equipment available for use until the treadmill is returned.

It is our goal to maintain our hotel at the highest possible level of cleanliness, comfort, and convenience. We are happy to relocate a guest to another room if there is any issue with the room occupied, or we can repair or replace the item of concern if it is brought to our attention before checkout. Sometimes it is just a matter of being shown how an unfamiliar style works. Our showerheads have three settings which are adjustable as is the case for the showerhead in question. I regret that we were not aware of the situation cited in this review

We certainly appreciate the business given to us by every guest who chooses to stay with us
at the Sleep Inn & Suites, and I am sorry that the December stay did not measure up to past
experiences. We hope to have a future opportunity to exceed expectations.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We stay here all the time since we offen visit VIR and this is the closest hotel to the track. But we never had a problem and the front desk is always helpful. Rooms and bathrooms are comfortable and clean. Depending on the people staying in the hotel, "neighbors" can be loud and that is just the structure of the hotel. There is breakfast in the morning. There is a pool but we never used it before.

Room Tip: I am not sure if the 3rd floor is smoking or not but try to get a room up there, since no one will m...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Sandra T, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Thank you for taking time to offer feedback on your recent stay with us at the Sleep Inn & Suites.
Information from our guests gives us an opportunity to view our hotel and service from the
perspective of guests. We appreciate your business. Thank you.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Place was clean, quiet and inexpensive, everything we were looking for. Just spent 3 nights here
while attending club event at VIR. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The bed and pillows
were very comfortable and the free breakfast a nice bonus.

We have stayed at several places when we attend VIR events, but from now on we will be coming back to the Sleep Inn & Suites for all these events. Just can't praise them enough.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Sandra T, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay at our Sleep Inn & Suites while in town for the VIR event. Our
proximity to the Virginia International Raceway brings us visitors from all over the United States,and we are always delighted to meet new guests and make new friends. We look forward to your return

Also consider these accommodations in or near Danville
Comfort Inn & Suites
#9 of 11 in Danville
Hampton Inn Eden
Hampton Inn Eden
#1 of 3 in Eden

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!