Courtyard Danville
US$94
Priceline
US$51
Travelocity
All reviewsfront deskstarbucks coffeesafe locationrooms are nicebistro staffrecent tripmarriott propertyroom was cleancheck in was easywall unitwould stay here againcustomer service was excellenthotel lobbyup to datei highly recommend this hotelnice staymarriotts
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We rented two rooms at this hotel June 20-22, 2014, while in town for my niece's wedding. Included in our party were 5 adults, 3 children and my son's dog, Moose, a VERY friendly husky. The staff were so welcoming not only to the 8 of us, but most especially the dog! I imagine most hotels would look down on a larger dog sitting around the pool, but not the staff here. Unfortunately, I was unable to get everyone's name, but I did get Jinny's. She greeted Moose every morning and made a special trip outside to say good-bye. The staff could not do more for us during our entire stay. They were friendly, polite, and so accommodating! I would overwhelmingly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling through the Danville area. Thank you to everyone at the Danville Courtyard Marriott for making our stay so special!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Courtyard Danville, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear sylviascott,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review our Courtyard & congratulations on your niece's wedding! We hope you and your family had fun celebrating her special day. I'm excited to hear our staff was able to well-accommodate all of your needs and we appreciate your kind words. Thank you for your high ratings and strong recommendation and we can't wait to see you the next time you're in Danville!

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

As a business traveler it is easy to take hotel stays for granted. Another night, another city. The staff at this Marriott Courtyard could not be any friendlier. From the moment of check in they continued to exceed expectations inclusive of a hand written note thanking me for making them my choice of accommodations. It's not often the big things that define a good hotel experience but more a consistent level of service that feels a little bit like home.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Courtyard Danville, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Richard D,

Thanks so much for your review and praise for our staff! I'm delighted to read that we exceeded your expectations and were able to make you feel so welcome during your visit. We look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Danville; thank you again for your comments!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Generally Courtyards are on the nicer end of the Marriott spectrum. Although the staff was very friendly, the décor felt more like a Fairfield Inn. We did try the Bistro for dinner. The quiche (normally served for breakfast) was excellent. Quiet location, comfortable bed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Courtyard Danville, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear vinniedog20,

Thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. While I'm glad to hear you found our staff friendly and had a comfortable visit, I apologize that our furnishings did not meet your expectations and our team will discuss your feedback regarding future decisions. Otherwise, I'm glad you loved the quiche and found our location quiet! Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

After reading the reviews on Tripadvisor we booked a three night stay at this Courtyard.

We stayed in this hotel for three nights and was very disappointed. My room was very small and narrow and the lighting very poor.

No free coffee or water in lobby, there is a so called bistro in the hotel but open very few hours and not particularly good.

It was expensive and not a value at all. I would not stay there again as there is a nice Hampton Inn and Comfort Inn in the same area.

We travel a lot and this a hotel is out for themselves not for you.

I get very tired of these reviews that spout how nice the staff is, bed is good etc.

Isn't that what you should get when paying to stay in a hotel. Shame on you Marriott for this Courtyard it is overpriced and poor at best.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank millyka
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Courtyard Danville, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear millyka,

Thank you for reviewing your experience at our hotel - we deeply regret that it didn't meet your expectations. While we no longer offer complimentary coffee in the lobby, it is still available in all guest rooms, and Starbucks products are available for purchase. Our team appreciates your feedback and will discuss it to help improve in the future. If you'd like to speak about anything further, please reach out to me at the number below. Thanks again for your comments and we hope to have another opportunity in the future to give you a great stay.

(434) 822-2161

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I was in town for 1 night and booked a room at this Courtyard because of the location to an upcoming event. I thought the hotel was nice, update to date/modern with great customer service. My keycards fail to work but I did not fuss as many other guests tend to do and kept my room and when I did need to step out the front desk representative personally escorted me to my room. The manager Sue and the front desk representative Zerita were fantastic. They were apologetic and offered a room change to which I declined because I didn't think it was a big deal and I loved my room. The engineer on duty and the BISTRO staff were also great. My room was very spacious and quiet. The beds were very comfortable and the room was clean. Thanks for a peaceful stay Courtyard by Marriott at Danville!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Kathleen A

Dear Kathleen A,

We appreciate you taking the time to review our Courtyard and are glad you had a great stay! I would like to apologize again for the inconvenience with your room key, but am happy to hear our staff was able to handle the situation to your satisfaction. It's also great to hear you found our guest room very spacious and comfortable. We're grateful for your high ratings across the board and look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Danville! Thanks again for your comments.