“1 night stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Danville
Virginia
“1 night stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Our family visited the Tank Museum in Danville & we needed a hotel for one night. I selected the Courtyard because it's a non-smoking hotel vs. a hotel with non-smoking rooms, but be advised smoking was allowed outdoors.

We reserved a 2 Q room which overlooked the garden. The Courtyard offers an outdoor pool, fitness center, free parking & free Wi-Fi. The lobby appears to be new & is very spacious with access to computers/printers/etc. There is a market to buy snacks & drinks and The Bistro serves breakfast & dinner -- our breakfast was good & reasonably priced (for a hotel). The staff we dealt with were friendly.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Courtyard Danville, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear FrugalMother,

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel & are very pleased you had a great stay! We hope you enjoyed visiting the museum. It's great to hear you enjoyed the variety of amenities and facilities we offer and found our staff very friendly. Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you the next time you're in town!

Daly Seven, Inc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Room smelled like roses..plenty of space.staff was friendly..enjoyed fitness room..most of all key location to get to highway and my special favorite there was a Dunkin donuts up the road..free wifi as well as laptops in lobby for guest use.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Courtyard Danville, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Daleisha T,

Thank you for reviewing our Courtyard - we're glad you had a great stay and that our location worked well for your needs! We're grateful for your 5-star ratings across the board and look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Danville. Thanks again for your praise!

Port Charlotte, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

We rented two rooms at this hotel June 20-22, 2014, while in town for my niece's wedding. Included in our party were 5 adults, 3 children and my son's dog, Moose, a VERY friendly husky. The staff were so welcoming not only to the 8 of us, but most especially the dog! I imagine most hotels would look down on a larger dog sitting around the pool, but not the staff here. Unfortunately, I was unable to get everyone's name, but I did get Jinny's. She greeted Moose every morning and made a special trip outside to say good-bye. The staff could not do more for us during our entire stay. They were friendly, polite, and so accommodating! I would overwhelmingly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling through the Danville area. Thank you to everyone at the Danville Courtyard Marriott for making our stay so special!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Courtyard Danville, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear sylviascott,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review our Courtyard & congratulations on your niece's wedding! We hope you and your family had fun celebrating her special day. I'm excited to hear our staff was able to well-accommodate all of your needs and we appreciate your kind words. Thank you for your high ratings and strong recommendation and we can't wait to see you the next time you're in Danville!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

As a business traveler it is easy to take hotel stays for granted. Another night, another city. The staff at this Marriott Courtyard could not be any friendlier. From the moment of check in they continued to exceed expectations inclusive of a hand written note thanking me for making them my choice of accommodations. It's not often the big things that define a good hotel experience but more a consistent level of service that feels a little bit like home.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Courtyard Danville, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Richard D,

Thanks so much for your review and praise for our staff! I'm delighted to read that we exceeded your expectations and were able to make you feel so welcome during your visit. We look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Danville; thank you again for your comments!

milford, CT
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Generally Courtyards are on the nicer end of the Marriott spectrum. Although the staff was very friendly, the décor felt more like a Fairfield Inn. We did try the Bistro for dinner. The quiche (normally served for breakfast) was excellent. Quiet location, comfortable bed.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Courtyard Danville, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear vinniedog20,

Thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. While I'm glad to hear you found our staff friendly and had a comfortable visit, I apologize that our furnishings did not meet your expectations and our team will discuss your feedback regarding future decisions. Otherwise, I'm glad you loved the quiche and found our location quiet! Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you the next time you're in town.

Miami, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

After reading the reviews on Tripadvisor we booked a three night stay at this Courtyard.

We stayed in this hotel for three nights and was very disappointed. My room was very small and narrow and the lighting very poor.

No free coffee or water in lobby, there is a so called bistro in the hotel but open very few hours and not particularly good.

It was expensive and not a value at all. I would not stay there again as there is a nice Hampton Inn and Comfort Inn in the same area.

We travel a lot and this a hotel is out for themselves not for you.

I get very tired of these reviews that spout how nice the staff is, bed is good etc.

Isn't that what you should get when paying to stay in a hotel. Shame on you Marriott for this Courtyard it is overpriced and poor at best.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank millyka
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Courtyard Danville, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear millyka,

Thank you for reviewing your experience at our hotel - we deeply regret that it didn't meet your expectations. While we no longer offer complimentary coffee in the lobby, it is still available in all guest rooms, and Starbucks products are available for purchase. Our team appreciates your feedback and will discuss it to help improve in the future. If you'd like to speak about anything further, please reach out to me at the number below. Thanks again for your comments and we hope to have another opportunity in the future to give you a great stay.

(434) 822-2161
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

I was in town for 1 night and booked a room at this Courtyard because of the location to an upcoming event. I thought the hotel was nice, update to date/modern with great customer service. My keycards fail to work but I did not fuss as many other guests tend to do and kept my room and when I did need to step out the front desk representative personally escorted me to my room. The manager Sue and the front desk representative Zerita were fantastic. They were apologetic and offered a room change to which I declined because I didn't think it was a big deal and I loved my room. The engineer on duty and the BISTRO staff were also great. My room was very spacious and quiet. The beds were very comfortable and the room was clean. Thanks for a peaceful stay Courtyard by Marriott at Danville!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Kathleen A
Dear Kathleen A,

We appreciate you taking the time to review our Courtyard and are glad you had a great stay! I would like to apologize again for the inconvenience with your room key, but am happy to hear our staff was able to handle the situation to your satisfaction. It's also great to hear you found our guest room very spacious and comfortable. We're grateful for your high ratings across the board and look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Danville! Thanks again for your comments.

Daly Seven, Inc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Danville
BEST WESTERN Windsor Inn & Suites
#8 of 11 in Danville
Hampton Inn Eden
Hampton Inn Eden
#1 of 3 in Eden

Been to Courtyard Danville? Share your experiences!