“Very interesting”
Review of Tank Museum

Tank Museum
Ranked #2 of 22 things to do in Danville
More attraction details
Owner description: Journey thru Military History at the most extensive collection of International Tank and Cavalry artifacts found anywhere in the world. Prepare yourself for an awesome adventure for both young and old alike. 119 Tanks and Artillery, plus uniforms, headgear and much much more dating from 1509 to present.
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

This is a go as your own pace, self guided tour. But everything is labeled extremely well. There is alot of things to see.

All reviews
"several times"
"washington dc"
"different types"

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Before I begin, I want to say I had some questions about the museum so, as their site directed, I sent an email with my questions. No answer after 4 days....I wrote again.....no answer. As I write this 2 weeks later, still no reply. They have no phone contact either. We arrived at the AAF Tank Museum and I asked my questions..If we arrived late in the day, can we use our tickets for admittance the next day...answer. NO Are you handicapped accessible? answer.. NO Handicapped lift "out of service" Before we were admitted we were told to empty our pockets and walk through a metal detector! Why? This is a museum. I recently had Achilles tendon surgery and was on crutches. Asked for use of a wheel chair...Cost $5.00! then the 2 wheel chairs they had looked like they were for little kids. So I had to hobble up stairs and around that museum on crutches. Lots of uniforms and military hats on display. We wanted tanks. They had an old tank movie that they played made in Russia....no captions and not one word of English. Within the museum were other oddities too. a flea market, dinosaur display, a "War of the Worlds" homemade spaceship (really retarded looking) Marilyn Monroe and Ava Braun statues, 2 Volkswagen Beetles and tons of freaking looking mannequins on the various displays. There were a decent amount of tanks in a couple of rooms. Also, no flash camera allowed, "It will damage the tanks" Go figure.This museum has some people working very hard and the mismanagement of the people in charge is holding it back. My advise, is it is not worth the cost of admission. I would not recommend it to anyone. No customer friendly attitude. Just say "No Tanks"

4  Thank lorace1
Reviewed 23 March 2014

On our drive home from Virginia to our home in the Raleigh-Durham area in February we noticed the sign on the road and made plans to return last weekend. Luckily we stopped for a large breakfast before going in because you need a tremendous amount of energy to explore every nook and cranny of this amazing attraction. Every tank, bycicle, uniform, gun, etc. is meticulously documented to provide a sense of history. However, what makes it even more incredible is that it is totally a volunteer effort by one man and his 2 sons. He actually drives around in a bike to answer questions that the visitors have. Make sure to check opening days on the website before planning your visit since they are limited. Well worth the drive!!!!

1  Thank rtpana
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Lots to see! So many tanks and mechanized vehicles. The rifle collection is impressive. You do feel like you're under a lot of scrutiny by the lady in the front when going through the gift shop.