“Don't honor advertised special”

Best Western Windsor Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Danville
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Walked in to receive advertised march madness walkin special of $69 and was told that it doesn't exist even though is clearly on their trip advisor ad. Lowest rate they would give us is $104, so we left. When I tried to call in advance to confirm rate no one answered probably because the desk clerk was on a personal call on her cell like she was when I walked in the hotel.

Stayed: March 2013

Reviewed 10 March 2013

Stayed here on March ninth and it cost 115 dollars for the room. I was a little disappointed with the privacy of the room. there was a door to an adjoining room the gap underneath was a half inch. also every time the heater turned on it would blow the curtains up so that people outside could see in the window if they wanted to. also the water pressure in shower was terrible. the room was so so a little outdated not worth the money.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 10 March 2013

We booked this hotel to be close to the Green Legs and Hamstrings half marathon start. We got in around 7:00pm and were wowed by the clean and elegant looking lobby. Went out for a quick bite to eat then headed up for a good nights sleep. The room was lovely and once again, spotless. We were in bed an noticed that we could hear the elevator going up and down. No biggie since we figured all would be bedding down for the night so it probably wound't be an issue though the walls are all paper thin. WRONG! At around 9:30 the rooms down from ours had a group show up that was very loud. Again, we took it in stride figuring that is was a Friday night after all and they would soon be quieting down. Wrong again. This non-stop LOUD laughter and profanity went on until 2:30am! Thankfully the half marathon wasn't starting till 10:00am so I figured we would get at least 6 hours of sleep. Needless to say the same group woke us up at 6:00am! I can not believe that I was the only complaint they got that night as I would periodlically hear a baby cry when the louder than their normal loud outburst would kick in. I could hear the lobby phone ringing in the middle of the night as our room was right above the lobby and as I mentioned before, the walls are paper thin so I'm sure others were complaining. Why they waited so long to rectify the situation is beyond me. I wish I could rate this stay based soley on a normal stay but I slept poorly, had no energy to go to the pool like I had planned, and only grabbed a bannana and tea on my way out the door. Too bad they put the comfort of a few guest over all the rest of their patrons. I really think the staff needs to be more pro-active.

Room Tip: Request a room far away from the elevator. Rooms 211, 213, and 215 are right above the lobby. Stay...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 March 2013

Even though the hotel is off the highway it's further back so noise is never an issue. Beds are comfortable, room walls are a little thin, so try to get something by the stairs where you don't have to get it from both sides. Breakfast was your average waffle maker, etc. At the time internet was completely down which makes me downgrade the experience an entire star. Wireless, ethernet, it was all down, the only way to get online was in their business center. Fortunately it was Saturday night so it wasn't so much a pressing need. Overall I recommend, particularly for personal weekend stays. Thought it was a good value especially compared to other hotels in the city.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
gmbestwestern, Manager at Best Western Windsor Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2013

Thank you for taking the opportunity to review your recent stay with us. I apologize that the internet was down, of all weekends it decided to act up when we were full. Tech support was called in to correct the issue unfortunately not before the negative effect it placed on guests visiting. I hope you will return and stay with us again soon for a better experience.

Reviewed 1 March 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 28 February 2013

We were having some remodeling done to our house and needed a place to stay for the night called around and the BW had an inside pool which was a hit for my children so decided to give it a try. Walked in and was taken back by the cleanliness and beauty of the lobby so was really excited to be staying until we got to the desk young lady was very impersonal never looked up from the computer but to give us the key and to take the payment. She had no personality at all and was very unfriendly. I work in customer service myself and know the importance of a happy customer and she could care less rather we were happy or not. She never offered any details about what the hotel had to offer. So we felt like we were not important. Other than that unpleasant experience the room was great perfect size for our family the kids had a blast in the pool and the hot tub would have liked for the pool to have been a little warmer and the jets to have had more power in the hot tub but overall everything else was great. Would refer the hotel to friends but tell them to beware of staff an do your homework on what the hotel has to offer due to staff being uninformative. Your staff should be aware that without guest they would be in the unemployment line with over half of America and it is a dozen happy people that would love to fill their spot so they should treat each quest with respect.

• Stayed: February 2013
gmbestwestern, Manager at Best Western Windsor Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2013

Thank you for taking the opportunity to review Our hotel. I especially appreciate your feedback and observations. I will follow up with that shift. Every customer is important and we do value you as our guest. I would like to invite you back to stay with us on a complimentary night. Please contact me directly to set up this stay. I do apologize for the clerk's lack of attention. i hope to hear from you soon!

Reviewed 27 February 2013

We had 3 rooms at this hotel due to a funeral. The staff was friendly (thanks Chassidy) and the hotel was very clean and nice. The rooms were nice and welcoming, plus as my title suggests... the remote controls are the best! Yes, I know that sounds silly but as a person who does not like germs from hundreds of people, a hotel tv remote is normally yucky. However, they have a new clean plastic remote control where the buttons are and the remote are all as one piece. So one wipe with the sanitizer and it was clean (they call it the clean remote I believe)! :-) Check in and check out was super easy, and we would definitely would stay here again when/if in Danville.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
gmbestwestern, General Manager at Best Western Windsor Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2013

Thank you for taking the opportunity to leave us a review. We appreciate your comments and look forward to your return.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Danville
Sleep Inn & Suites
Innkeeper Danville North
Innkeeper Danville North
#9 of 11 in Danville
Berry Hill Resort & Conference Center

Been to Best Western Windsor Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!