Best Western Windsor Inn & Suites
US$56
US$51
US$51
TripAdvisor
All reviewsindoor poolsitting areabreakfast managercoffee tablewafflesgreat varietyvery clean hotelfood optionsrooms are largehotel stayquiet locationwould definitely stay here againthe breakfast areathe wi fia king size bedva areawaffle maker
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Walked in to receive advertised march madness walkin special of $69 and was told that it doesn't exist even though is clearly on their trip advisor ad. Lowest rate they would give us is $104, so we left. When I tried to call in advance to confirm rate no one answered probably because the desk clerk was on a personal call on her cell like she was when I walked in the hotel.

Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Stayed here on March ninth and it cost 115 dollars for the room. I was a little disappointed with the privacy of the room. there was a door to an adjoining room the gap underneath was a half inch. also every time the heater turned on it would blow the curtains up so that people outside could see in the window if they wanted to. also the water pressure in shower was terrible. the room was so so a little outdated not worth the money.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 10 March 2013

We booked this hotel to be close to the Green Legs and Hamstrings half marathon start. We got in around 7:00pm and were wowed by the clean and elegant looking lobby. Went out for a quick bite to eat then headed up for a good nights sleep. The room was lovely and once again, spotless. We were in bed an noticed that we could hear the elevator going up and down. No biggie since we figured all would be bedding down for the night so it probably wound't be an issue though the walls are all paper thin. WRONG! At around 9:30 the rooms down from ours had a group show up that was very loud. Again, we took it in stride figuring that is was a Friday night after all and they would soon be quieting down. Wrong again. This non-stop LOUD laughter and profanity went on until 2:30am! Thankfully the half marathon wasn't starting till 10:00am so I figured we would get at least 6 hours of sleep. Needless to say the same group woke us up at 6:00am! I can not believe that I was the only complaint they got that night as I would periodlically hear a baby cry when the louder than their normal loud outburst would kick in. I could hear the lobby phone ringing in the middle of the night as our room was right above the lobby and as I mentioned before, the walls are paper thin so I'm sure others were complaining. Why they waited so long to rectify the situation is beyond me. I wish I could rate this stay based soley on a normal stay but I slept poorly, had no energy to go to the pool like I had planned, and only grabbed a bannana and tea on my way out the door. Too bad they put the comfort of a few guest over all the rest of their patrons. I really think the staff needs to be more pro-active.

Room Tip: Request a room far away from the elevator. Rooms 211, 213, and 215 are right above the lobby. Stay away from these rooms also.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 March 2013

Even though the hotel is off the highway it's further back so noise is never an issue. Beds are comfortable, room walls are a little thin, so try to get something by the stairs where you don't have to get it from both sides. Breakfast was your average waffle maker, etc. At the time internet was completely down which makes me downgrade the experience an entire star. Wireless, ethernet, it was all down, the only way to get online was in their business center. Fortunately it was Saturday night so it wasn't so much a pressing need. Overall I recommend, particularly for personal weekend stays. Thought it was a good value especially compared to other hotels in the city.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
gmbestwestern, Manager at Best Western Windsor Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2013

Thank you for taking the opportunity to review your recent stay with us. I apologize that the internet was down, of all weekends it decided to act up when we were full. Tech support was called in to correct the issue unfortunately not before the negative effect it placed on guests visiting. I hope you will return and stay with us again soon for a better experience.

Reviewed 1 March 2013