“VIR Race Weekend”

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Danville
Roanoke, United States
“VIR Race Weekend”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Hotel was clean, room was neat and very clean. Staff was helpful and attentive, continental breakfast had many choices of items. Located a short drive from Virginia International Raceway. Danville city and many dining choices nearby.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

gmbestwestern, Manager at Best Western Windsor Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you were satisfied with our property and that the staff were accommodating and service friendly. We hope you will return and visit us again the next time you are in the Danville, Va area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Danville, United States
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel because I had to travel because of a death of a childhood friend. This hotel was one of the most pleasant experiences I have had in my life. The staff of friendly and efficient. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

gmbestwestern, Manager at Best Western Windsor Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Our condolences to you and the bereaved family. Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. Under the circumstances we are grateful you were pleased with your accommodations and staff. We hope you will visit again soon.
Niagara Falls
Reviewed 23 July 2014

As I was heading toward Danville,VA , I realized I would arrive there a day ahead of my reservation. I called ahead and the staff quickly found me a room for the night. It turned out that the room I booked earlier was avaliable so I had the pleasure of staying in the same room for 2 nights. The staff was extremely accomodating and friendly. This made the business trip so much more relaxing. The front desk attendant, Shanae was very friendly and did the checkin quickly and accurately. The hotel is well kept and clean. The king sized bed fit nicely in to the room. Working space was large and well laid out. The free Wi-fi must have been accessed by more than a few clients because at times it slowed down. The breakfast was great with hot waffles as well as scrambled eggs and meat. The staff did an excellent job trying to find hot tea because that far south everyone drinks iced-tea. From Canada this seems different but I am sure they think the same of me. lol. The main parking is in the front of the hotel so if you prefer less traffic, ask for a room at the back of the hotel where the scenery is a beautiful forest.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank your for leaving a review in regard to your recent stay with us. I will have to acknowledge Shenae on your behalf for her prompt and courteous service and meeting your needs to be able to check in a day early. I will be sharing your review with all the staff and I am glad that you were pleased with your stay. We look forward to your return.
Ohio
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed here for two nights with a friend while attending an event at Virginia International Raceway. Check in was fast and accurate (we arrived about 9 pm). This was one of the cleaner and quieter "motels" I have stayed in recently. Never heard a peep from other guests and the bed was comfortable. The pillows were a bit small, but at least there was three (Four? I can't remember for sure) of them per bed. The room with two double beds was like a mini "suite" with the sitting area (sofa, chair, coffee table) separated from the beds buy narrow wall. The bathroom was clean and attractive. A mini fridge and coffeemaker were included. Wi-Fi worked well. Plenty of towels were left in the bathroom on both nights. The "free" breakfast was the usual motel-style breakfast. Waffles, hard boiled eggs, cereals, pastries toast, bananas, coffee, OJ and other odds and ends. The description on their website mentioned bacon, but I didn't see any. A fire alarm went off one night at about midnight because of a malfunctioning smoke detector somewhere in the motel. The fire department and motel staff had it figured out in about an hour, but we did not have to leave our rooms. The view wasn't much to speak of, just the roof from an adjoining building (we weren't there for the view anyway just a good night's sleep,!). It was nice because you weren't overlooking a noisy parking lot or looking into other rooms. Very private. Overall a good experience and a motel I would recommend.

Room Tip: We had one of the two rooms on the second floor that overlooks the lobby in a balcony-like area. I...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time and leave a review about your recent stay. I work here but your review made me want to stay here :). I am glad that in spite of the malfunction of the fire alarm that you were still pleased with your stay. We hope that you will return and stay with us again soon. I will share your comments with the staff and I enjoyed reading your comments.
Philadelphia, United States
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Had a great stay at the Best Western durinag a recent event at Virginia International Raceway. The hotel is 15 minutes from the track and I got a great discount using my Costco membership. The hotel is set back off of 58 a little bit, right behind the Piggly Wiggly grocery store. Breakfast was good, scrambled eggs, sausage and potatoes, plus waffles and the usual continental fare. For the rate, it's hard to beat...free internet, clean room, good food, close to the track...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

gmbestwestern, Manager at Best Western Windsor Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you for your review and feedback in regard to your recent stay with us. We appreciate your business and we are glad that you were pleased with our location and the accommodations. We look forward to your return.
Danville, United States
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I really enjoyed staying here at this Best Western Windsor Inn & Suites. The check in process was smooth and very fast. The breakfast attendant was wonderful. He kept moving the entire time. He keep the food hot and fresh. Our housekeeper was wonderful. She made sure we had fresh towels and the room was very clean and smelled fresh. At checkout the clerk was prompt and efficient. When I come to Danville, I will be staying at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

gmbestwestern, General Manager at Best Western Windsor Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
We Thank you for your review and look forward to your return.
Waynesboro, Tennessee
Reviewed 11 July 2014

On a trip to Norfolk, VA. we stayed at Best Western, Danville, VA. The service was excellent. The hotel was very clean . Our room was great, couch and chair, WiFI . The breakfast was very tasty. I would recommend this hotel very highly. When we go back to VA we will most definately stay there.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the opportunity to leave a review about your recent stay. The staff and are grateful for your comments and that you were pleased with your accommodations. We hope to see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Danville
Comfort Inn & Suites
#8 of 11 in Danville
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#3 of 5 in Reidsville

Been to Best Western Windsor Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!