“Nice Hotel”

Best Western Windsor Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Danville
Reviewed 19 August 2014

upon arrival, front desk staff was friendly and professional. room was clean, bathroom was spotless but only 1 bath towel per person (had we stayed longer than just one night would have requested more). king bed was comfy and the extra pillow was a nice touch especially since we're used to having 3 pillows each at home. breakfast was very tasty. hubby had scrambled eggs and said they were perfectly cooked. i had a waffle - you can't go wrong with a make your own waffle. good coffee. all and all a good stay and will surely stay again when we are in Danville.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank surfingatwork
gmbestwestern, General Manager at Best Western Windsor Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Thank you for taking this time and leave a review in regard to your recent stay. We value your feedback and experience. I am glad that you found the extra pillow a plus and accommodating. We do only offer the minimum requirement of linen/towels in all guest rooms and extra is available via the front desk 24/7. I will discuss with my Executive housekeeper and consider the possibility of adding and additional towel and washcloth. Thank you again for your feedback and helping us to consider ways to improve for a better guest experience. We hope that you will visit us again soo when visiting the Danville area

Reviewed 18 August 2014

The room was clean and comfortable and the breakfast choice was good and room rates very reasonable. It only misses out on a four because the staff on the front desk were very vague when asked about local amenities, when asked for local restaurants " five or six sets of lights down the road " does not quite cut it. Having generally been really impressed with the quality of Best Westerns in Virginia, this one slightly lets the side down.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank phil52_10

Thank you for taking time out to leave us a review in regard to your recent stay with us. I do apologize that the attendant did not go further in detail with you about the local attractions and or restaurants that are in the area and they also could have provided you with the list and directions that we have available at the front desk located on the counter at guests access. I will follow up with the desk team and make sure that they give great detail in this regard and do not come off to be vague about available places to visit and dine. Thank you for bringing this to my attention, we value and appreciate your feedback. We hope that you will visit and stay with us again soon when visiting the Danville area.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

somewhat disappointed in the fact that employees were not trained on how to take care of travel cards from best western when presented. left this morning without officially checking out because they had clue none on what to do. have been charged for full price and they still have the card for the $25 off my room rate. always like to have receipts. the room had an odor of smoke or something when it was suppose to be non smoking and had to fight with sheets all night on both sides to keep them on the corners of bed.
the breakfast was ok, muffins were dried out though as if they were day old or something.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dreamweaver79

Thank you for taking the time to respond and leave a review concerning your stay. I would like to clear up that your card had not been charged it was authorized for your stay meaning that the funds were on hold. The desk attendant applied the travel card to the final charge with taxes included it does not apply to the room rate, so I do apologize for any confusion in that regard that may have been communicated, What the clerk did not have access to; was applying the card via member web to the actual BW site and not that she was not trained on how to apply the discount because all are aware and Per Best Western standards all staff(every department) attends training via BW online university and they have to go thru modules and pass tests before they are certified for their departments. I understand your frustration however and per our previous communication you should have received your refund by now. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to demonstrate our loyalty to your satisfaction and stay with us again when visiting the Danville area. We appreciate your business and value you as our guest.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I stay at this BW every time I race at VIR. It is very convenient to the track and always clean and the staff are always helpful. I have never had a bad experience here. I would recommend to anyone staying in the Danville, Va. area to give it a try.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
gmbestwestern, Manager at Best Western Windsor Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Thank you for choosing our property and we appreciate your review in regard to the level of service and accommodations you received, we are pleased that we met your expectations of an enjoyable stay. We hope that you will visit us again while visiting this area

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Hotel was clean, room was neat and very clean. Staff was helpful and attentive, continental breakfast had many choices of items. Located a short drive from Virginia International Raceway. Danville city and many dining choices nearby.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you were satisfied with our property and that the staff were accommodating and service friendly. We hope you will return and visit us again the next time you are in the Danville, Va area.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel because I had to travel because of a death of a childhood friend. This hotel was one of the most pleasant experiences I have had in my life. The staff of friendly and efficient. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
gmbestwestern, Manager at Best Western Windsor Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Our condolences to you and the bereaved family. Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. Under the circumstances we are grateful you were pleased with your accommodations and staff. We hope you will visit again soon.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

As I was heading toward Danville,VA , I realized I would arrive there a day ahead of my reservation. I called ahead and the staff quickly found me a room for the night. It turned out that the room I booked earlier was avaliable so I had the pleasure of staying in the same room for 2 nights. The staff was extremely accomodating and friendly. This made the business trip so much more relaxing. The front desk attendant, Shanae was very friendly and did the checkin quickly and accurately. The hotel is well kept and clean. The king sized bed fit nicely in to the room. Working space was large and well laid out. The free Wi-fi must have been accessed by more than a few clients because at times it slowed down. The breakfast was great with hot waffles as well as scrambled eggs and meat. The staff did an excellent job trying to find hot tea because that far south everyone drinks iced-tea. From Canada this seems different but I am sure they think the same of me. lol. The main parking is in the front of the hotel so if you prefer less traffic, ask for a room at the back of the hotel where the scenery is a beautiful forest.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank your for leaving a review in regard to your recent stay with us. I will have to acknowledge Shenae on your behalf for her prompt and courteous service and meeting your needs to be able to check in a day early. I will be sharing your review with all the staff and I am glad that you were pleased with your stay. We look forward to your return.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Danville
Sleep Inn & Suites
Innkeeper Danville North
Innkeeper Danville North
#9 of 11 in Danville
Berry Hill Resort & Conference Center

Been to Best Western Windsor Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!