“Almost Heaven”

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Almost Heaven”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We visited on a Monday for a wine tasting. There was very little traffic on a drizzling day. The place was absolutely beautiful. They had pairings to go with the tasting which was a first! Maggie was very knowledgeable, patient, and nice. She really took time to answer our questions! The sangria was the best! We took a bottle home! We were able to walk on their grounds and view their farm animals. The only negative thing was their bathrooms. They definitely exceeded our expectations!

Visited August 2014

Bowie, Maryland
“So Much Potential, But . . .”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The three young people serving the wine were that -- three young people. The son of the owners gave me the impression that he was bored out of his mind and couldn't have been more unsocial. Where's the passion for what you do? He didn't know where the oak came from??
Regarding the tasting plates . . . look carefully at each piece. They tried to serve me a moldy piece of cheese and, at first, tried to deny it was moldy. Geesch . . . this place has so much potential. Husband found a wine he liked but not me . . . I'm afraid to say that I was totally turned off.

Visited July 2014
Alexandria, Virginia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Such a pleasant afternoon! ”
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

I went to this winery for the first time on my birthday and it was such an enjoyable day! The owner's were very friendly and welcoming... we stayed until closing and even though we were the last customers left they didn't make us feel like they wanted us to leave. The girl who did our tastings was very sweet. A great plus to this winery is the provide food with their tastings, something that I haven't experienced at any of the other wineries I have traveled to outside of Italy. The grounds are landscaped so lovely. We enjoyed visiting with the friendly goats and precious miniature horses. This is a good place for animal lovers. We also brought along my 2 month old who was welcomed warmly by the owners. I saw other families with small children and babies there as well. All in all a welcoming, happy place! We are going to return soon with our dog.

1 Thank ejbmsj
Alexandria, Virginia
71 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 133 helpful votes
“They provide pairings with the wine. DOG FRIENDLY”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Aspen Dale has a charming tasting room set in a 200 year old barn and it's on the grounds of a farm -- complete with horses and chickens.
One of the nicest touches provided is the little plate of "pairings" for their wines. Little bites of cheese, dried fruit, sausage, etc really enhanced the flavors of the wine.
They also poured their Sangria -- we bought 3 glasses of it and headed to garden so the dogs could watch the ponies while we relaxed. It was a very nice experience.

Visited May 2014
Encinitas, CA
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“A great place to end the day”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The wine tasting was superb, well-organized and complemented by the tasting plate. After tasting we bought a glass of wine, some to-die-for bread and dipping oil, and sat outside in the lovely glow of the sunset watching the birds and horses in the barnyard area. We each ended up buying at least one bottle of wine. Prices were reasonable and the two ladies working were more than happy to visit with us about the area, how the wine is made, and the general area. I will certainly come back. The inside has some comfy-looking couches around a large fireplace - looks so inviting for a cold fall or winter afternoon.

Visited May 2014