“Homeless and Scared......”
Review of Star Motel

Star Motel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dillwyn
Star Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Dillwyn B&B and Inns
“Homeless and Scared......”
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I've been in the Dillwyn area for about 3 1/2 years and passed the motel many times. Do to a out of control husband I was left homeless. By the grace of God I was put in this motel. The staff was very friendly and the room was great. It's a busy place but, I felt very safe do to the owners and staff. I would say that if you need shelter in Dillwyn it's a safe and very clean place.
"Call" 2012

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Cat2u

Couples
Solo
Chagrin Falls, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 29 November 2012

very clean and beds were comfortable. was there for 5 nights for family Thanksgiving nearby.please change your review requirement to words that sufice a description.it makes me angry to have to write more than necessary.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank janetH933
Avis, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 June 2012

First, I want to say that this property is at least 30, if not 40 years old (although not with the same owners), and I have stayed here on three other occasions within that time frame. I give the current owners much credit for keeping the place in good condition. From the outside the structures seemed to be in good repair, and the parking areas were well maintained The room smelled nice and was very clean (including the bedding). The room amenities were decent for a motel of this type as well. There was a nice 25" flat screen tv mounted on the wall, and a micro/fridge. Strangely, there was no clock next to the bed. The toilet, shower, and sink all worked very well. However, what I took for the circuit breaker for the room was clearly exposed in the bathroom. I'm not sure if this is the same in all rooms, but something to keep in mind if you have children, and they decide to get curious. I would have given this motel and higher rating if not for two things:

1) the beds, although clean, turned out to be very uncomfortable. At times I suffer from low back pain and the bed irritated it all night; and 2) their free wireless internet was spotty (signal was lost frequently) at best.

As another poster had mentioned, the staff was very friendly.

In the end, this motel is good for a night, but I don't think I could've handled more then that. But, for only $65/day (tax included), it can't be beat.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Lonso
Moyock, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 March 2012

My husband was working up in Dillwynn and I went with him for 3 days. Staff was very friendly and accomodating. The only thing I didn't like was no coffee or continental breakfast. But fortunately a McDonald's is right down the road. Room was very clean. For a working vacation I would rate this motel excellent, but as far as a "vacation" vacation, I would recommend going a little further down the road.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
11 Thank Lisa B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dillwyn
Quality inn
Maysville Manor Bed & Breakfast
Super 8 Appomattox VA
Super 8 Appomattox VA
#2 of 2 in Appomattox

Been to Star Motel? Share your experiences!