“Cozy and Convenient”

Centerstone Inn Doswell at Kings Dominion
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Doswell
Reviewed 12 May 2014

If you're looking to visit King's Dominion and plan to stay for more than one day, this is a decent play to rest up. My family and I like to visit at least once a year and always stay here. We purchase the package deal with 2-Day passes to the park and stay one night. We find it to be an excellent value especially since the need to pay for parking is eliminated. You save $15 per day on parking. KD is a short walk from the hotel. We've been here several times and plan to continue visiting again and again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
dclausen, General Manager at Centerstone Inn Doswell at Kings Dominion, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at BEST WESTERN Kings Quarters. We greatly appreciate your continued loyalty to our hotel and brand. We are elated to hear that you continuously enjoy your time here with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

The hotel was a very proximity to KIngs Dominion and we had an excellent view of the fireworks. The maid staff was very very good and the restaurant staff were very friendly as well. The staff that checked us in were not so pleasant but maybe they were having a stressful day.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us here at BEST WESTERN Kings Quarters. We are elated to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I do sincerely apologize for the service that you received during your time of check in. I have passed your comments regarding that service to our Front Office Manager, so that he is able to speak with those representatives and ensure that it does not occur again. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 9 May 2014

The inside of the rooms are pretty nice. Bed is comfortable and room is clean. The outside is dingy. The staff is rude and thoughtless. Breakfast is not include, you can buy it at an attached Denny's for extra $$$.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

First, I would like to thank you for staying with us at BEST WESTERN Kings Quarters. I do sincerely apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay with us. Here at Kings Quarters, we always strive to ensure that each guest knows that they are a part of our extended family. It saddens us to hear that your stay was anything less than that! It is our hope that you will allow us another opportunity to provide you with superior customer care!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I checked in with a huge excitement of visiting Kings Dominion, riding Intimidator 305 (the world's 3rd best roller coaster!) and going to other rides.
I checked out with a severe blocked nose due to cold.

The room itself was actually great! I got a Queen Bed, ADA, Room 123 (I think it's 123). When I got in, it looked clean and it was great. Free Wi-Fi was provided as a courtesy of Best Western, which I found is superb! Amenities were also enough for me: shampoo and soap. Plenty of towels for a Queen-bed single room: there were 4 towels and 6 hand towels in total. Pretty great!

Denny's is also a 24-hour sit down restaurant so it is very convenient if you are hungry in the middle of the night.

The worst thing about this place is that it is generally not clean. Once you sleep on that bed, even though it is comfortable, it is very dusty. On the second night of my stay, my allergic reaction worsened and I sneezed like crazy. Moreover, there seems to be a bug den below the sofa. I saw a couple of black crawling bugs (like ladybugs or small roaches, I have no idea... I was too scared to look at it) crawling towards the sofa.

Yes, I think this is a value hotel, meaning you cannot expect too much with its low price. But still... I think I deserve some cleanliness even if it is a value hotel?

Nevertheless, excellent location if you are visiting Kings Dominion! They provide free shuttle, which is great :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for staying with us at BEST WESTERN Kings Quarters. Thank you for your compliments of the facilities and amenities that we offer. I do sincerely apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your time with us. If at any time you experience difficulties with your room or any of the amenities around the property, please feel free to contact the Front Desk immediately. There is an agent available 24 hours daily to assist with any concerns that you may have!

Yours in hospitality,

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Pluses: You can leave your car on-site (get a permit from the desk) and walk to Kings Dominion. There's a 24-hour Denny's on-site with a bar area by the pool open until 2:00 am. The rooms have mini-fridges, coffee machines, irons/ironing boards, safes, free wi-fi, and cable tv w/Showtime.

Minuses: You can hear the traffic hum from I-95 (kind of puts you to sleep though), the rooms are old and well-used, and there was a moment of brown water in the shower when I first turned it on. (The water used in the restaurant is filtered, by the way.)

For the location and price -- and if you aren't really going to be in your room but to sleep a few hours, this place can't be beat.

Room Tip: I prefer the outside (parking lot) access to the interior (pool/bar) access.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cindy C

Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you for staying with us here at Kings Quarters. We greatly appreciate your compliments of our facilities and location. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 2 May 2014

We picked this hotel because of its proximity to Kings Dominion. It is an older hotel with doors opening to outside. It is fairly well maintained. Our toilet would not flush from our arrival. They came to fix it once and it worked for 12 hours. It then stopped working. Our saving grace was that we were in a suite so we had another bathroom. The air conditioner did not work really well. It was really humid regardless of the temperature we put the unit on. The front desk man was unsure of how to deal with a prepaid hotel reservation. That made for a longer check-in process. Also, the Denny's in the hotel was terrible. The wait for receiving the food was horrible. We watched many patrons walk out of the restaurant. The waitstaff did not care that they were slow. The manager did not care that his staff was horrible. Would not recommend eating there. Would be better to pay $10 for a sandwich in the park than eat at the Denny's. I would not recommend staying here unless your sole purpose is to go to Kings Dominion.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at BEST WESTERN Kings Quarters. I do sincerely apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay with us. If at any time you experience difficulties with your room or any of the amenities around the property, please feel free to contact the Front Desk immediately. There is a Manager on Duty available 24 hours daily to assist with any difficulties you may encounter. Again, I do sincerely apologize your stay was anything less than exceptional!

Yours in hospitality,

Reviewed 2 May 2014

We always stay at this hotel on our way to Florida in spring and fall. The room is very nice for the price and the staff is friendly and helpful. I had the salmon dinner at their Denny's and it was delicious. good food, good value.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

First, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for staying with us at BEST WESTERN Kings Quarters. We greatly appreciate your continued loyalty to our property and brand. We thank you for your compliments of our staff and facility. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Warm regards,

David Clausen

Also consider these accommodations in or near Doswell
La Quinta Inn & Suites Richmond - Kings Dominion
#3 of 13 in Ashland
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Ashland - Hanover, VA
6 mi away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Richmond North Ashland

Been to Centerstone Inn Doswell at Kings Dominion? Share your experiences!