“Second visit, still a great value” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Doswell at Kings Dominion

Days Inn Doswell at Kings Dominion
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Doswell
Cumming, Georgia
“Second visit, still a great value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013 via mobile

I read all the poor reviews on this hotel so I was a little nervous the first time I stayed here. I had a great experience. I had the opportunity to stay here again and the experience was good again. I git s different room and it was clean and smelled clean. The linens were in good condition, and the carpet was clean. The winner rate with a coupon was under $40. Possibly new management or more time to clean in the off season. The breakfast was typical and acceptable. Still my top choice for the area.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Chetan S, Manager at Days Inn Doswell at Kings Dominion, responded to this review, 28 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete hotel review for our facility. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your second visit at the hotel.

On behalf of our entire staff at Days Inn Doswell we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Rujul Shah
Days Inn Doswell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Cumming, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

I chose this hotel because of the amazing winter coupon rate. The hotel was clean and the grounds were clean. The staff was nice helpful. Me room was clean and only showed minor signs of wear. I did not see the other problems the other reviews mentioned. Possibly because it was the off season, they cleaned the hotel. I will stay there again. You can't beat the value if this hotel in the winter. I slept in and did not have breakfast but the breakfast area looked clean and nice but I did see how it could get crowded if the hotel was full.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete hotel review for our facility. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your visit at the hotel.

Manager
Virginia Beach
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

Stayed at the Days Inn in Doswell , Virginia. Train track is located directly behind hotel, No sleep. Dead bugs and dirt in every corner. Carpet was stained. White bath towels had a yellowish tint. Hallways smelled of smoke. TV had a mind of it's own...turning on by itself in the middle of the night. Front desk person was never seen. Day or night you needed to ring a buzzer. Very hard to understand, did not speak English very well. I left a night early with NO refund. What a nasty hotel. All I heard were complaints from other guest as well. My debit card was charged for unknown taxes..still has not been refunded. Beware, there's something shady going on in Doswell, Virginia at the Days Inn.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

maybe I just had a bad experience on a bad night for the hotel but I can say that my brief interactions with the management were all positive and they seemed engaged and proactive for the most part.

The price of the room was okay… About $90 including taxes but as soon as I got to be the third floor where I was staying so role problems were immediately evident. there was a fixed stench of cigarette smoke out all despite the fact that most hotels today are non-smoking.

there was trash strewn about the vending areas and visible from
outside the windows by the railroad tracks that border the back of the hotel and where freight trains come through a few times each night.

in addition to the freight trains which the hotel cannot really be faulted for there were
soundproofing issues which are very problematic. I could hear guests opening and closing doors speaking loudly and engaging and
intimate activities in the adjoining room.
there was no way to drown out these noises except by turning on the heater and air-conditioner but the latter would not operate continuously because it had a mandatory automatic fan setting which would cycle off.

to reiterate most of the problems I mentioned our have to do with the guests themselves or with poor hotel design and not with the management… But this did not really help me sleep last night.

had I been game or a Motel 6 experience I would have paid half as much and hedged my bets with a motel 6 and the types of people who typically frequent those establishments… at half the price.

but I have to say that at least on the night where I stayed I did not get what I paid for at this
establishment which is regrettable because I do not enjoy giving negative reviews.

I am not hard to please but I will not be staying at a Day's Inn again.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank wworth27707
Also consider these accommodations in or near Doswell
La Quinta Inn & Suites Richmond - Kings Dominion
Centerstone Inn
Centerstone Inn
#3 of 5 in Doswell
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Doswell (Kings Dominion)
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#4 of 13 in Ashland
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#3 of 13 in Ashland
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Richmond North Ashland

Been to Days Inn Doswell at Kings Dominion? Share your experiences!