“Good for a one night stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Doswell (Kings Dominion)

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Doswell (Kings Dominion)
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Doswell
Manalapan, New Jersey
“Good for a one night stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

My family and I stayed for one night while we visited kings dominion, it was very close and convenient to the park. We had a one bedroom king suite and the room was nice and offered updated appliances and furniture. The bed was very comfortable. The pool is a little smaller than what I thought it was going to be from the picture online but is decent enough size to take a quick dip (it only goes up to 5ft). The whirl pool was ok but the jets kept going on and off while inside. The desk clerk was nice but was disappointed when she said that the only room she had available was in the back and we probably will hear the train pass... it wouldn't be a problem but I was traveling with a 10 month old and wanted to avoid that and I booked the room online 3 months in advance and supplied all ages when reserving the room. The train woke my husband at 6am but did not wake my son or myself but everything else was perfect with our stay and recommend to all.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from railroad tracks
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Stephy3026

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Winchester, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

Overall the hotel was what you would generally expect from a County Inn. However, the hotel itself is mere feet from active railroad tracks that have trains travelling on them in the middle of the night. I was awakened at 4:00 am and 6:00 am by a train that literally shook our room, and I am not a light sleeper. If staying here, you should request a room on the opposite side of the hotel, which may possibly alleviate some of the disturbance; however, I cannot guarantee that fact.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as far from the railroad tracks as possible.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 3Adam3
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

My family stayed here while visiting Kings Dominion for the weekend. The hotel is directly across the street from the park. We were able to leave the park before it closed to beat the "masses" out but viewed the fireworks from the hotel parking lot. The front desk staff was very nice. Check in went swiftly and our room was good for our short stay. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean and a decent size.

Our room faced the back of the hotel where the train tracks are. Luckily we never saw or heard the train until we were leaving on Sunday afternoon. The pool was small but in relation to the size of the hotel I think it's perfect. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We personally didn't see the train until we were leaving the hotel; however, it was loud as it w...
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

I came with my family from New York to do a Kings Dominion trip. I saw Country Inn and decided to check it out, it was/ is amazing! The staff was exceptionally kind especially Casey, the rooms were neat and beautiful, breakfast was free therefore I was expecting it to b mediocre but it was amazing. My overall all stay there was a 10 plus. Very gorgeous hotel looking forward to staying there again. #Extremelyhappytraveler

Merritt Island, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

I was here from fla to take my grandkids to kings dominion and had an awesome stay. the rooms were beautiful, clean and cozy. all the staff was excellant and friendly and above and beyond our needs. the breakfast was very good, a big breakfast selection, very yummy. we didn't use the fitness center but the pool & jacuzzi was very nice, perfect for the grandkids. I like the fact they had a library for the kids. the prices were very reasonable considering the hotel is right accross the street from the park. and this will be our choice to stay when we come back to visit the park. thank you,

Room Tip: front side
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Arlington Hts, IL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013

This place was hopping due to lots of visitors going to King's Dominion so there were lots of kids running around having a good time. Great family spot, just across the street from the amusement park. Despite the place being full our hall was very quiet. Room was clean and bed was comfortable. Liked having the suite to relax in. Only complaint is the craziness at breakfast. Not enough seating for all those folks. We opted to go across the street to Denny's. Second night (was a Sunday), much quieter. And we stayed for breakfast on Monday morning. Nice selections on real plates! Strange to be given a wristband to enter the breakfast room, but understandable if they have had a problem with freeloaders.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

I am from Ny & drove 10hrs to get here for a visit to see my sister & after the extremely long drive it was such a pleasure staying here! It was clean, affordable & best of all, the staff was excellent! Will definetly stay here again on my next trip!

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Doswell
La Quinta Inn & Suites Richmond - Kings Dominion
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#4 of 13 in Ashland
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Richmond North Ashland

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Doswell (Kings Dominion)? Share your experiences!