La Quinta Inn & Suites Richmond - Kings Dominion
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Doswell
Reviewed 15 August 2014

This location was nice, rooms were nice and comfy, stayed 3 nights, my sheets were changed everyday which was good. one thing that could be changed is to change up the breakfast abit everyday or every other day for guest who stay long. I feel very sick of eating waffles anymore. Could not here anything except the people walking upstairs. Need better WiFi though, since they advertise it as high speed internet. It was very slow if i was using my laptop. However Would most likely be staying here again next year.

Room Tip: Room 118 was a good location
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

A TripAdvisor Member
McDonough
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Comforters smelled like pee and refrigerator didn't work and smelled awful. If my son wasn't performing at Kings Dominion I would have moved up the road to another hotel. I chose it because they allowed pets-but they obviously did not clean thoroughly. Also, there is only one elevator!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Bathroom not clean in one of my rooms plumbing in second room was not working took shower water did not go down had to go to front desk manager or maintenance was not working when maintenance finally came it was 4:30 pm ask was it working I said I fix the problem he didn't even come in to see or check. Once again its to much to type.

1  Thank Chad C
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I stayed here overnight on August 6, 2014, and it exceeded my expectations. With its proximity to Kings Dominions, I expected to be awake all night with noise, as I'm a light sleeper, and my dog paces when she hears people close to the door, but we actually had a great night with little noise. It's always difficult to find pet friendly places that are reasonably priced, and that's why I chose this motel. My room was quiet, and had plenty of room for me and a cat and a Border Collie dog. The breakfast was a great start before heading back on the road for my move to Florida. The other plus was that when I arrived a few minutes before check in time, they had no problem letting me check in early; with it being hot outside, the last thing I wanted to do was have to leave the pets in the car. The internet was hit or miss; I finally decided to use my iPhone has a hotspot to connect my laptop to the internet. I would also have liked to had more grassy area to play and walk with my dog, but what they had was sufficient.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I would have given an average review except for 2 things. First I didn't appreciate the inability to cancel my reservation prior to 6 PM as I can at most La Quinta's. Second the walls are very thin and the maids routinely banged on the doors. The beds were comfortable and the rate was reasonable so without the 2 above issues I would have rated average.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Freeland, Maryland
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Our room had very comfortable beds. Clean, however the pool and hot tub were not clean. Nasty looking so never used them. Bathroom in hallway on main floor was dirty both days. No soap, no paper towels. Breakfast was good but kinda crowded. Shuttle to kings dominion was extra 10.00 we used it for convenience. Never waited more than few mins. We had a room by elevator and we could hear it in early morning. Overall good place. Would stay again.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The good thing is that it's very close to Kings Dominion (if you are going there), and the beds are very comfortable. My room was large for a double room. The bad thing is that they allow dogs. I have actually never had this problem before at a hotel, but having dogs in this hotel was a big problem for me. I love dogs and own 2, but I don't want to hear them barking continuously.

We checked in at 3:30, after spending the day at Kings Dominion. My kids were ready for a nap, as they are ages 2, 3, & 5. Just as they dozed off, a dog that was left in next room started barking and scratching on the door, and woke us all up. After about 20 minutes of that, I called the front desk and was told they would take care of it. 15 minutes later, the barking was just getting louder, so I called the front desk, again. I was told they could not find the guest from that room. This went on for nearly 2 hours. We finally left the room and asked if we could be moved, but were told that no other rooms were available.

That night, the dog started barking, again, just after midnight and it went on for at least 45 minutes. I heard other guests pacing in the hallway and complaining about the dog.

Again, at about 5:45 am, the dog started barking, so I just went over to the room to try to complain to the dog owner myself, but nobody came to the door, and the dog just started barking louder. So, none of us got any rest that night, and then were awakened early by the dog barking.

Since my kids were all up bright and early thanks to Fido, we decided to go eat an early breakfast and then use the hotel pool. Don't use it! There was a layer of dirt or something black floating in the top of the jacuzzi. The pool water was slightly green, so I did not let my kids get in.

I think we would have done better to have stayed at one of the nearby exits because we probably would have gotten a cleaner room for less money.

Room Tip: Go to a hotel.
1  Thank mary h
Also consider these accommodations in or near Doswell
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Doswell (Kings Dominion), VA
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 6 in Ruther Glen
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Ashland - Hanover, VA

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Richmond - Kings Dominion? Share your experiences!