Holiday Inn Express Dublin
Sleep Inn & Suites(Dublin)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
US$83
US$75
US$68
Priceline
Comfort Inn & Suites(Christiansburg)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$106
All reviewscinnamon rollsroom was cleanfront deskthe complimentary breakfast buffetlooked cleanhuge roomnice amenitiesgas stationindoor pooltypical breakfastthe staff was extremely friendlyconference roomquiet hotelsmall gymvery pleasant experiencerural areathe general manager
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 August 2011

Southern style friendliness and hospitality upon check-in. Lobby is rather basic but open and inviting. Hotel room is spacious, clean and quiet. Fridge and microwave. There is a pool, small gym and small guest laundry. No restaurant on premise but hotel provides free hot breakfast in the mornings. There a number of eateries within easy walking distance. Ample free parking.
A welcome respite for a weary interstate traveler.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 July 2011

I read another review that sounds the same as what happened to my wife and I. We were on our Goldwing headed for Nashville and needed a place to stay to avoid the thunderstorm that we would have ridden into. The person at the front desk (Linda) was perhaps the nicest front desk clerk we've encountered in quite a while and we travel a lot! She (like the previous reviewer mentioned) let us park our Goldwing under the portico to avoid the weather. Very nice of her!

Throughout the evening she was right there to answer any and all questions that we had. She even recommended a good pizza place and she was certainly right about that! We enjoyed a GREAT free breakfast in the morning also.

All in all we were VERY satisfied with every aspect of our stay and I strongly recommend staying here if you're in the area. We even planned on staying there again on our way back from Nashville but it was so hot along the highway that we made many more stops than we had planned on and only made it as far as Marion, VA. I will review that other hotel (The Econolodge-Marion) in another review (YUK) but it''s safe to say it was not nearly as good as this one! Thank you Linda!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ntrtainr
Reviewed 13 July 2011

I made the reservation one year in advance for VA Tech graduation, three rooms two nights. After I found out some of our guests would not need the room both nights I called the hotel to cancel one night. I was informed the rooms were sold in blocks of two nights. Nowhere on the reservation was that listed or mentioned at the time when the reservation was made. I actually asked about the cancellation policy a the time the reservation was made and was told all rooms were refundable. Anyway, after the game changing information about the two night minimum, I negotiated with hotel staff about the room we would not need for one night. They informed me if they sold the room they would refund my credit card. I said fair enough. Well, the room was sold so I called about my credit card refund, no response, called many times no response, e-mailed no response, finally the manager e-mail me and told me there would be no refund. So the hotel double dipped charging me and the other guest who stayed in the room I did not use. The manager lied, the hotel lied, they stole money from me, therefore I recommend not staying at this Holiday Inn express Dublin because they are crooks. Stay away! Far Away!

Room Tip: Never take anybones word about reservations, get it all in print, It seems in some hotel chains like Holiday Inn Express there is no honor.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank CWG070
Reviewed 9 July 2011

Our initial exxoerience was great as the clerk was friendly and knowledgeable. When we got in the room I checked the bathroom and found a bar of soap in the shower - it was dirty and covered with little black hairs (disgusting!). I threw it in the trash can using a face cloth and did not tell my wife - as she would have wanted to leave immediately. We ddi not discover the other probvlems until too late. At 2:00 in the morining we both had to use the bathroom and the room was still hot the A/C was on max bot not cooling. Then we discovered the commode did not flush - it just filled up with water and then slowly drained but did not flush! In the morning we found out the sink did not drain! When the clerk wsa told she said she would tell the manager. I asked for a call and after two days I called the hotel - No manager was available. When the manager did call she offered me $5 off the room!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Stopped here unexpectedly on a motorcycle trip to avoid incoming thunderstorms. The front desk clerk could not have been friendlier. When I mentioned I was on a motorcycle she offered to let me park it under the portico to keep it out of the storm which was very considerate. The jacuzzi felt great after an all-day ride, breakfast was good, well stocked and clean. My room was huge with a very comfortable bed.

All in all an extremely well run hotel with excellent staff. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo