Holiday Inn Express Dublin
US$131
Hampton.com
US$84
US$79
Sleep Inn & Suites(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$93
US$85
BestWestern.com
US$61
Comfort Inn & Suites(Christiansburg)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$75
US$102
Travelocity
All reviewscinnamon rollsroom was cleanfront deskthe complimentary breakfast buffetlooked cleanhuge roomnice amenitiesgas stationindoor pooltypical breakfastthe staff was extremely friendlyconference roomquiet hotelsmall gymvery pleasant experiencerural areathe general manager
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Although there were a few issues this Holiday Inn Express was a nice place to stay. The rooms are large, clean and the furnishings were in very nice condition. The staff is very friendly and more than willing to be helpful and kind. The breakfast area was very clean and well stocked each morning. The lady running the breakfast area was especially friendly. The only issues we experienced were with the room lock on our door. It was a little temperamental at times. The other issue was the hotel elevator. It was inoperable up to the last night of our stay. This was no problem for us although we had to use the stairs on the side of the building. We didn't get an opportunity to use the pool or gym during this stay but they appeared to be very well equipped, very clean and very well maintained. The hotel was very quiet and nice during our stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2013

When on the road this year, I have been staying in 2 motel chains to build points on my 2 different cards to earn free nights.
After staying in a Holiday Inn for 6 nights on the way home I thought we would stay in another to get more points. My travel companion picked up a motel coupon book at a rest area and suggested we try to use a coupon.
When I called the Holiday Inn Express the afternoon of 7/8/13 and asked if they had rooms the lady said yes. When I asked her about the coupon she said we could not use it since they were ALMOST full. She even said, in an arrogant tone of voice, that it said on the coupon, that coupons were only good based on availability. My point was, they were not full.

We were not trying to be cheap, we had planned to pay AAA price where ever we stayed, we just decided to use the coupons since they were offered. My first thought about those coupon books was there must be a catch.

After talking to the woman at the motel, I felt we should have been able to use the coupon since they were not full. I felt like I was talked down too and I am a consumer advocate and know what she did was not right.

We stayed at the motel across the street from this one and the staff welcomed our coupon and treated us like the proper middle aged people we are. This was not my first experience with Holiday
Inn Express that I didn't feel they were very friendly. The older Holiday Inns have all been great and I have stayed in several of both.

After this experience, I may start building my points on the other card where I got treated better and got to use a coupon. That was my first time to use a coupon at a motel and I realize they have limitations, again, they were not full and their competition gladly accepted it .

I am a business person and understand how these kinds of things work. I know how important customer service is and I spend my money where I find the best customer service and value for my dollar in a nice safe place. Most of the time I travel alone and always stay at motels where I can build points on my Priority, Choice and Club Carlson cards. I try to use 2 of the cards the most to build points.

This property was a very nice looking motel and it looked very new but the woman on the telephone caused me to decide to stay at the competition across the street. She really could have been more polite.

Just because I asked about the coupon did not mean I was some kind of person Holiday Inn Express would not want to do business with and that is just how she made me feel. I have been staying with HI for 39 years.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 June 2013

We booked a rewards night and were traveling with our dog, so we were informed we would pay a pet fee and be given a "pet room". The pet fee was to pay for "deep cleaning" after we left. We were given a room which was not even close in comparison with other HIE. There was food under the bed, my dog almost ate a dropped medication, the toilet leaked, and the AC filter was so nasty we washed it in the shower. The carpet was stained. Our dog, on the other hand, had been groomed, bathed, and shaved and does not sleep on the bed. Henceforth, we will be asking to see the "pet room" before we check in.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank meredith a
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2013

Dear meredith a,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding cleanliness, bathroom condition and the air conditioning. We will address these point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 28 April 2013

I was traveling from State College, PA, back to my home in Gainesville, GA, and stopped here to spend the night. I was greeted by Tyler (I think that was his name), the Night Desk guy, who was probably the friendliest hotel clerk I've ever met. He set me up with a beautiful, quiet room on the 3rd floor, and I had a wonderful, peaceful night's sleep. My only complaint would be the breakfast, with it's dried out powdered "omelets" and lack of variety. But that's typical of ALL Holiday Inn Express breakfasts, not exclusive to this one. But hey...it's free, so what should I expect, right? (I think I'm a little spoiled by the wonderful spread we experienced at the Residence Inn in Asheville, NC, earlier in the year. Also free...and delicious).

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I was traveling to VA for a family funeral and noticed through various searches there weren't too many options; I "hesitantly" chose the Holiday Inn Express and was pleasantly surprised. Our room (225 end unit) was huge, very clean and nicely appointed. When it comes to where I lay my head at night I am a stickler for CLEAN. The staff at the counter was very accomodating and extended that southern hospitality. Breakfast buffet in the morning had cereal, pasteries, yogurt as well as some hot biscutts/gravey and eggs/sausage. They hotel was in the process of a remodel so there were some remnants of construction but that was in the stairwell and not hallway. Others mentioned noise level but I did not experience that, possibly because we were in an end unit. The only difficulty we had was actually finding the hotel, it is set back off the road and was hard to find. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for an end unit
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family