“Another pleasant stay here...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Dublin

Holiday Inn Express Dublin
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Dublin
Southeastern U.S.
“Another pleasant stay here...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2009

We've stayed in this hotel a number of times in the last few years while en route to NY; we travel with a furry, 4-legged kid, so often our options are limited! The staff is always very friendly & accommodating; and all in all, it is really a good value for the money. The rooms are clean, the beds have several "options" of pillows, the TV has multiple cable channels; and it is normally quiet. The nearby Fatz Restaurant has fast and good take-out (needed b/c of the fur kid!) ; try their cedar-planked grilled salmon - as good as some I've had in "fine" restaurants at a much higher price.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2009

We booked here because we were attending my brothers wedding and wanted a little space from the hordes of family members staying just up the hill at the Comfort Inn. It, a Hampton Inn, and the Holiday Inn Express form three sides of a rectangle and also include a Shoney's I really wouldn't bother with. The rooms here were definitely bigger than the ones where my family was mostly staying. They were modern and the bed was very comfy.

I called the day before we got there and spoke to a very nice woman with a thick southern drawl who assured me an early check in so that we had time to change before the wedding rehearsal was no problem. We had zero problems at check-in. My family at the other hotel wasn't able to get the same so no early check-in for them sadly.

Since we were driving six hours to get there my husband and I opted for one of the rooms with a two person hot tub. We eagerly filled it up and relaxed back into the bubbles...for 5 minutes before it turned off. Twenty minutes later it turned back on and we jumped in only for it to shut off again with in 60 seconds. The front desk assured us they would fix the obvious problem and move us to a different room with a hot tub the next day. With so much else going on it was a bit of a pain to pack back up and move rooms but we did it with a smile, used the hot tub for about 40 minutes in the afternoon to relax away jitters and started getting dressed...This is where we ran into the big problem.

My husband was going in & out of the room to get things from the car and check on another older family member who was actually staying in the next room over. Since he was coming and going I didn't put the bar across the door. I had just slipped on my dress and was by the door when it unlocked and some guy who worked there walked in! No knock and no apology! He saw me said "Oh" and left. When my husband came back I told him about it and started to do my make up when hey ANOTHER man unlocks our door without knocking and starts to walk in. My husband talked the man who was another employee and this time apologized before scurrying away but by that time I was way past amused. The manager was apologetic and took $100 off our stay but I was pretty appalled with all the combined hassle. I'm not saying don't stay there, but definitely make sure your door is double locked!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
sparky07090
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2009

My wife and I stayed at this hotel a couple of days ago and we loved it. I used Tripadvisor.com to find this hotel and we here VERY satisfied. After spending 7 hours in the car it was refreshing to speak with the pleasant lady at the front desk, and the room was spacious and clean. There is a huge hot tub in the back of the lobby, and the breakfast was fantastic. Besides the delicious biscuits and gravy, HI Express now has scrambled eggs that were as good as any resturant. Cinnamon rolls!!! Enough said!!!. The only negative is the fact that the hallway smelled a little musty, and although we were on a non-smoking floor it seemed to smell like a faint amount of smoke. We would definitely go out of our way to stay here.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Fairfax, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2009

I am late writing this, but just in case this year's graduates are looking for a place to stay, please consider Holiday Inn Express in Dublin. We booked two rooms last year for our daughter's graduation from Radford. They were clean and the staff was very accommodating. We needed some extra beds and they were delivered immediately.

We had stayed at several local motels during her 4 years of college and this was the best experience.

Stayed May 2008
Southern Belle
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2006

This hotel looks nice and was recommended to me highly. However, when I pulled back the sheets there was a large stain that looked like fecal matter. The person at the front desk was only able to give me keys to another room, but could not provide clean sheets. She was the only person in the entire hotel. Although I appreciate her position; that she was only doing what she was authorized to do, I felt very uncomfortable knowing that the sole hotel employee on site was not able to leave the desk for any reason. Switching rooms was a hassle, especially because I was traveling with a pet. The hotel was also uncomfortably hot and the air conditioners in the hallways and common areas were not even plugged in.

• Liked — pretty furnishings
  • Disliked — lack of cleanliness, lack of friendliness of the 1 and only staff member on site
  • Tips/Secrets — bring your own sheets and air freshener, and do not expect a friendly face
  • Stayed December 2006, travelled on business
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank justmoseyin
Nashville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2006

We were traveling through Virginia and stayed overnight at the HI Express. Nice hotel and good folks working there. We checked in after 10pm and got a nice room; the Internet worked like a charm, there was a couch, and it was spacious. Bowed shower rod and everything.

The hot tub closed at 10pm and we were very sore from days of activities, but when we asked the front desk if we could still jump into the tub for a few minutes, they said "Sure!" It was very enjoyable... as was the breakfast in the morning.

However, the place was not conducive to sleeping. Though it was cold out, the room was very hot and the air conditioning didn't work (reported this at checkout and not even an apology). We could hear the guy next door snoring the whole night. And housekeeping was vacuuming the hallway--or something very loudly--by 9am.

If you just need to crash and don't intend on sleeping in, it's a great place to stay!

• Stayed March 2006
2 Thank ashesnglass
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2005

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Dublin 2 times in the past few weeks, and I love it. The entire hotel is pristine and the service is great. I love the moen showerheads, and the beds are truly comfortable for a hotel room. It is convienient to I-81.

• Stayed September 2005
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dublin
Hampton Inn Dublin
Hampton Inn Christiansburg/Blacksburg
La Quinta Inn Radford
La Quinta Inn Radford
#1 of 3 in Radford

Been to Holiday Inn Express Dublin? Share your experiences!