“Good Value”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Huntigntown
“Good Value”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

This property is a very good value. We have stayed there twice and were very pleased with the fact that the front desk was run well and the entire property was very neat and clean. The breakfast is pretty much what you would expect for the price. Being a diabetic it is a challenge to travel so I often bring things I can eat for breakfast. There are a few places to eat just one exit south on interstate 81. We enjoy eating at Fatz Café at that exit. We will always stay here when in the area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
SIHOTEL, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Ithaca
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I wanted to like this hotel based on other reviews. I have 3 criteria for a hotel. Clean and bug free beds, quiet heater, and no odor. The smell in the room and hallway was horrible. It was a combination of smoke and some sort of perfumey spray. I looked everywhere to see where it was coming from, but couldn't tell. The heater kept turning on and off and on and off, and there was no adjusting it to just stay on. And it took the air from inside the room. It was a horrible night. I smelled like the rotten room when I left, and would have complained, but the desk people were super nice, and I didn't want to get into it with them. I had to keep telling myself all night that I was not suffocating from the bad air.
The bed was very comfortable, the bathroom was very clean, though shampoo was sparse. Staff extremely nice.
I would probably not stay here again unless I knew the smell was gone.

Room Tip: Call ahead to make sure they give you a non smoking room, and don't have the perfume spray in it...
Green Features: Whatever they spray made me feel ill, so the air quality was very bad.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
SIHOTEL, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 January 2014

This particular Sleep Inn has always been a pleasant surprise. Since I travel for my job I have stayed in several Sleep Inns and most of them have been just fine. The Sleep Inn in Dublin is by far the nicest, cleanest and well staffed location I have seen!
The lobby and breakfast areas are huge. The pool is fantastic and the rooms are extremely nice.
The staff is very friendly and helpful. Whenever I have an evening check in Connie always makes sure that they're is fresh coffee made and makes me feel right at home.
If you are traveling in between Roanoke and Abingdon the Sleep Inn in Dublin is definitely the best place to stay.

• Stayed January 2014
SIHOTEL, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Vermont
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Each year my wife and I drive to Florida from Vermont, and each year we make this Sleep Inn our overnight stop for the trip.

It's right off the Interstate, but very quiet as it is not surrounded by other motels, restaurants or commercial buildings. The heated indoor pool and hot tub are open until 10pm, so it gives me time to unwind the muscles after a long day's drive.

Most importantly, the staff is well trained, efficient, and very friendly. They go out of their way to make you feel welcome, and make you feel like a valued customer.

Now of course this isn't the Ritz, but the rooms are good sized, clean, have comfortable beds, and modern efficient heating/cooling units. And the Wi-Fi works great. What more can you ask for at under $80?

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
SIHOTEL, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Your responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests.
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 January 2014

This hotel was great! The staff was very friendly. The hotel was clean and inviting. The parking lot was clean and well maintained. The pool was fantastic. My mom and I swam for the longest time. We slept well in our quiet room.
The breakfast the next day was a step up from the usual hotel breakfast. I travel with work and stay in hotels OFTEN so I can say with out a doubt that this was a great value for the money. I live in PA, but if this hotel was closer I would easily stay here just as a random weekend get away.
Also, the pizza place that is right around the corner was very tasty. It's in walking distance if you like walking, or a very short car ride (>1 minute) for you and the kiddies/older parents.
This hotel is the first I've gone out of my way to rate in ages. I recommend it!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Annecatette Z
SIHOTEL, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Christiansburg, Virginia
Reviewed 9 January 2014

The hotel Manager and staff were professional and very pleasant. The hotel is in excellent condition, the pool and spa are maintained daily and kept very clean. The rooms were clean and smoke free. The breakfast was always hot and the area was always kept very clean.
Compared to other hotels in the area the Sleep Inn was the best value for my money. I would recommend the Sleep Inn in Dublin, Va to my family and co-workers. The hotel was located very close to the I-81 exit and easy to find.
The parking area and the outside of the hotel was clean and very well lighted. I would stay here again next time I'm in the area.

Room Tip: I stayed on the first floor. The room was very clean , comfortable and very quiet. There was a laun...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed here for a night at the end of a winter trip. The front desk folks were great and the room was clean. The kids spent time the first evening and the next morning in the indoor pool. The water temp. was perfect. The location is convenient if your traveling on I-81 and need a place to stay in Southern Virginia.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
SIHOTEL, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dublin
Hampton Inn Dublin
La Quinta Inn Radford
La Quinta Inn Radford
#1 of 3 in Radford
Hampton Inn Christiansburg/Blacksburg

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!