“Is good”

Vapiano
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 16 December 2012 via mobile

Food always good. Service in general ok, but sometimes no service at the bar. Also many tables are not cleaned up when busy.but again food, particular pizza is good.

1  Thank KHO K

Reviewed 16 November 2012

I like this place with long wood table and wood floor. They make the past by themselves (I saw the machine).. They have a menu and you ask directly the chef to make it, they cook the ingredients to make the "sugo", and they cook the pasta. Quite fast, good price, very good and fresh food. They just need to improve a bit the cooking, the pasta was slightly overcooked.. but it's a very good place!

Reviewed 27 September 2012

When in Dulles on business, I love this dinner option. It is very cool, and offers great variety. The atmosphere is comfortable and the food very fresh and delicious. I have tried the fresh-made salads and they were wonderful. The pizza was so light, crispy and delicious. I hope to try their made-to-order pasta on my next visit.

Please bring one of these to the Phoenix area.

Reviewed 5 August 2012

We were visiting the Washington, D.C. area and staying out by Dulles Airport. One evening we wandered into the Dulles Town Center Mall and stumbled onto Vapiano. I have since learned they are an international chain and to my great delignt have found out that there is one in my home town of Ft Myers, FL. If you insist on being served at your table, this place isn't for you. When you enter you're each given a card to charge your food on at the various food stations: antipasta, pasta, salad, paninis, and pizza. During the day they have a glassed in room where you can observe them making freah pasta and packing it in individual portions. Whatever you choose is cooked in front of your eyes using the freshest of ingredients: the restaurant is decorated with dozens of pots of fresh herbs. There is an adjacent wine, expresso, and dessert bar with excellent choices. Prices are reasonable , but not cheap. The quality of the food is excellent.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

I have posted scorchingly critical reviews of restaurants online, as you can see. So I want everyone to account for this in judging the credibility of what I am about to say.

We have eaten at this Vapiano's location numerous times. In every case, we found this restaurant to be extraordinarily excellent. From the moment we walked in at the entrance until we left for the evening, we were treated like royalty. Vapiano's excels in making you feel welcome and has a festive, light hearted atmosphere; the staff are extremely friendly and responsive and act sincerely like they are glad you are there and really want you to enjoy yourself. Even the music is delightful and set at the right volume.

Most recently we had the meat ravioli with a very highly customized sauce that the chef cheerfully made to my exacting specifications. He attentively and cheerfully did everything precisely as he was asked, showing great skill and professional ability. I asked for lots of fresh garlic and onion, tomato sauce, no extra salt or black pepper, a line of parmesan cheese, and lots of their toasted almonds and pine nuts; absolutely delicious. We also ordered the shrimp salad, excellent. The salads are exceptionally fresh and tasty. The hot bread with butter is so delicious it's easy to fill up on it before the rest of the meal is ready.

As a connoisseur of cocktails I greatly appreciate their bar. They made up my Cosmopolitans exactly as I asked, and their servings are generous. I love being able to order a cocktail at the bar and then walk it over to the cooking area and enjoy it while they make up my dishes.

The establishment is extremely well managed. Everything works splendidly. The manager of this place really knows what he's doing. And contrary to some of the other comments I've seen, the prices are quite reasonable considering the excellent quality of the ingredients, the hyper-customized cooking, and the exciting atmosphere.

Overall I think Vapiano's in Dulles Town Center is an extraordinary restaurant that I have very greatly enjoyed.