“Good location”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Dulles
New York City, New York
“Good location”
Reviewed 25 June 2012

The location of this property is good since it is next to the Dulles Town Center. The lobby appears renovated and very modern so that is a plus. There is an indoor pool. The rooms are average - nothing to write home about, but not bad. The front desk staff seemed overwhelmed when I was there since only one individual was working at the desk. They offer a shuttle, but when I needed it they said they did not have a shuttle driver for that night so instead they paid for a taxi to get me to the airport. Overall, the service was nice and they make accomodations when necessary in any way possible.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Arabic first
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 22 June 2012

The location is good, close to the Dulles Town Center so you have good options for dinner (the "Bistro" in the hotel isn't really an option for dinner. The rooms are renovated, so they are decent.

That's about all that I have to say that's nice. The elevator isn't in the middle of the hotel, but when I asked if it mattered where I parked, I was told, "no". So I parked on the other side of the hotel from the elevator and ended up walking all over to get to my room. After spending a day walking all over airports, it would have been nice if they'd told me that parking on a given side would give me easier access to the elevator.

The card in the room said tha they would only take my towels in they were in the tub. So I rinsed an undergarment and hung it to dry on the hook on the back of the bathroom door, hidden under a towel so that the cleaning crew didn't have to see my underwear. However, they replaced all my towels and took with them my favorite pair of underwear. If they had followed their own guidelines, that wouldn't have happened.

When I checked in, I was told that I would learn about local restaurants on their board, but no one really told me what that was or how to use it, so I didn't bother. The information in my room said that there would be a menu for the Bistro at the front desk, but they sent me over to the Bistro. Instead I just left the property for dinner.

Finally, one of the plugs in my room didn't work, so when I plugged my phone in to charge overnight, it didn't charge at all. That was disapointing.

I did like the plug at the desk for my phone - very nice holder.

I'm an Elite Rewards member, and I'm getting increasingly disappointed with my Courtyard experience, especially for the price.

Puyallup, Washington
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Not only is this hotel clean, inviting & comfortable, it is located very near Dulles International Airport and shopping for those in need. Staff is helpful and ready to serve.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Basking Ridge, NJ
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Stayed here for business one night. Not much else to do out there.
Very modern and lots of options in their lobby (bar, lounge, media pods). The rooms also have a very easy AV plug in console for any device supporting VGA, composite cables or HDMI in case you don't like what's on regular TV (which I usually dont).
Didn't try the pool (very small) or gym. Breakfast was quite good.
Location was just a bit further away from the Residence Inn which is right on a main road and my preference (and that meant several more traffic lights to get through for just a few miles (which I'm not a fan off).

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 6 June 2012

The Manager, Anne Daknis, is "FIRST CLASS" in managing the Courtyard, Dulles Towne Center, and really went out of her way, along with her entire staff, to make our stay absolutely enjoyable!!!! She was helpful in getting us guided to the sights in Wash.DC & she keeps this facility very clean & running efficiently . Our daughter was married in DC last weekend ,and most of the out of town guests stayed here, and they commented on how well they were treated, so please pass on our accolades to her and her staff,
Jerry & JoAnn Bloomberg

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Mendocino, California
Reviewed 5 June 2012

It had been a while since I last stayed here. They did a very nice remodel. Location is good and the staff is very friendly and helpful.

Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
SHS123, General Manager at Courtyard Dulles Town Center, responded to this review, 12 June 2012
Welcome back! It is our pleasure to serve you! All the best...
Roanoke
Reviewed 5 June 2012

This is my "go to" hotel when I'm in the area, and a great lobby with the recent remodel. Very convenient to restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
SHS123, General Manager at Courtyard Dulles Town Center, responded to this review, 6 June 2012
We are very excited to hear that you love our new lobby and look, and we are so glad to hear we will have the pleasure of your company when you are once again in our area. Thank you!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dulles
Residence Inn Dulles Airport at Dulles 28 Centre
Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades
Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport
Washington Dulles Airport Marriott

Been to Courtyard Dulles Town Center? Share your experiences!