“Nice stay. Right off I-95”

Hampton Inn Dumfries/Quantico
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Dumfries
Reviewed 1 February 2014

When we walked in ( small lobby ) had to wait a front desk for over 5 minutes for someone to show up.then they had a problem checking me in .(another ten minutes) when we finally got our keys ..room on 2 floor.. The room was clean and nice.bathroom needs to be updated..but very nice room. Breakfast in the morning was very nice..lobby and breakfast room was just remodeled.. Very nice.. A lot of food to choose from ..something for everyone..every one was very nice. And would stay here again..

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ginger L

Reviewed 30 January 2014

Not the experience I am use to and am upset enough to rethink staying again. The way I was treated when trying to check in at 2am at an all but empty hotel with my family was unexcusable. The attitude of the check in person (cannot call a gentleman) was I was not the type person they have here. True I just drove 8 hrs on icy roads and was not my cutest. I explained we were in a hurry to get home and need a few hrs sleep and would be an early check out. I was quoted the full price. Since I had gotten aate check in rate at other Hamptons I asked for the possibility of the same and told him I had their loyalty card. AAA a nd AARP. I was all but scolded with IT IS ALWAYS FULL RATE! Since we were too exhausted to go any further I accepted the room. True the rest of rxperience was true to Hampton standards I still have a bad taste in my mouth and next time I will not pass up other hotels as we did that night!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Todd P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dumfries/Quantico, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

I had been traveling on the road for a very long time and happened to see the Hampton Inn sign.
On a whim I stopped to see if they had a room available. I had stayed at a Hampton Inn before and have been very pleased. The front desk staff was very helpful. They had a room available and quickly checked me in. The staff also let me know there were a few restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. This was very helpful after being on the road for over 10 hours.
The room was fantastic and the free internet service is great. The continental breakfast in the morning is great as well. While most hotel breakfasts usually only have muffins, breads and cereals. The Hampton Inn has eggs, oatmeal, cereals and make your own waffles. I will definitely stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Do not hesitate to stay at this location. The staff, service and amenities of this Hampton Inn were top notch! I look forward to needing a room in VA again so that I can re-visit this excellent hotel!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 January 2014

The front desk check-in was smooth and met by a very friendly staff. My co-worker and I had a few questions about our booking and the manager came over and researched the issue and poof! Resolved.

The room was very comfortable, quiet, and clean. The bed was so comfortable, I actually overslept one morning...oops.

The morning breakfast buffet had what it needed, never ran out of anything and it was good....yes, even the coffee was good and I took a travel cup out every morning. For those who didn't have time, the front desk had breakfast bags which had a nice assortment of morning treats to hold you over.....very thoughtful....hadn't seen that anywhere else.

I liked what I saw and I'll be back.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I always look for Hampton Inn when on the road. I am always satisfied. The rooms are always clean and comfy. The internet service is always included which I find in many other hotels I am charged additional $10 for 1 night which is insane to me!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2014

This is an excellant hotel - great service by staff - checked in after a long day of driving along with lots of others. Crazy traffic drove us all off the road so lots of "check ins" at an unusual time. The hotel staff never missed a beat. Stay "unruffled" and friendly although some travelers checking in ahead of us were "not nice".

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank Charles T. T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dumfries
Courtyard Stafford Quantico
Holiday Inn Dumfries - Quantico Center
Comfort Inn Dumfries/Quantico
Ramada Triangle/Quantico
Hilton Garden Inn Woodbridge
Hilton Garden Inn Woodbridge
#2 of 15 in Woodbridge
Red Roof Inn Dumfries - Quantico

Been to Hampton Inn Dumfries/Quantico? Share your experiences!