“You get what you pay for.”

Econo Lodge Near Quantico Marine Base
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Dumfries
Reviewed 30 December 2011

Unlike some reviewers, I don't look at a motel charging bottom dollar and expect anything more than relatively clean, relatively quiet, and a bed I can sleep on. I have stayed at this motel several times, and have received just that each time. Not much more, I grant you, but then if I expect much more, I also expect to pay for that - at a more expensive hotel. When I prefer not to do that, I stay here.

Anyone expecting the A/V jacks on the TV or a real breakfast at the rate this place charges needs to take a look at the rate, and decide whether it's worth it to take a very short walk to 2 different restaurants who serve a good, cheap breakfast, with two more a longer walk or very short drive away, or pay a higher rate to get a slight upgrade somewhere else. And I have never had a problem with billing or their front desk personnel, either, except for a bit of a language barrier at times.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Rick C

Reviewed 8 December 2011

microwave and noisy fridge in the room, with no iron or hairdryer. TV was so old it did not have audio and video plugs so as to connect my media player
enroute we called to make the reservation, but they would not honour the internet rate, so in their parking lot, I logged onto their website and made an online reservation, walked to the front desk and got the 10% internet discount
across the road in a strip mall are an IHop and a new Japanese restaurant - Nori express
request a room not fronting the main road

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2011

This was our only stop that was not researched and pre-planned during our recent trip. At what seemed like an otherwise safe exit, the lobby was locked at 10pm when we arrived. The hotel was not in very good shape, the door to our room showing signs that it had been pried open at one point. There were several "interesting" people loitering outside the hotel when we arrived so we quickly ushered our two year-old twins inside. The beds were comfortable, but we found both ants and other small bugs in our bathroom. When we checked out the "breakfast" in the morning, all that was available were the drink machines and two mini-muffins in a small plexi-glass container where the pastries obviously sit. Was it worth paying $30 less than the other rooms in the area? It's debatable.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 February 2011

They are not honest peoples. When i check in, they don't give me a receipt. When i leave, they said their computer was out of order . If i want a receipt i have to wait few hours.
So i leave without a receipt and when i check my account on internet, they have bill two days. I ask my credit card to have a refund. And i get it.

Stay away

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2010

Having been to other Choice Hotels and Econo Lodges, this one was a disappointment. The room smelled funny, the toilet seat was broken, and there were little ants on the floor. The free breakfast was a joke.. and only offered 6am to 9am, when check out time is 11 am?!!

The only highlight of this stay was the restaurant next door.. I fully recommend the Montclair Family Diner. A nice little diner, with good food at a decent price. Peggy our server was cool, so much we ate there twice!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2010

Stayed one night on the way home from myrtle beach. The hallway smelled so horrid I was dry heaving The room had some serious issues though it didnt smell as bad as the hallway. I.m not sure exactly what was the funky crap all over the walls in the room we stayed in;just the thought of that room makes me want to puke!!! For the love of god never stay in the Ecno Lodge in Dumfries Virginia EVER!!!! Shirley White Norwich Ct

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Littled_10
Reviewed 22 April 2010

we made a late check in & were told of a continental breakfast that turned out to be 3 muffins the size of your thumb 1 crust of toast no fruit but yeah there was juice...told the manager and the response was a loaf of bread i was also told by the manager that ECONO stood for economy....the room was a little on the smelly side too....KEEP AWAY!!!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family